Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to reinvent a basic mirror

kimamery
Having an Impact

How to reinvent a basic mirror

Mirror.jpeg

I started with a white framed mirror and wanted to add some natural timber to it!

I used two different sizes of split dowels and cut them to the desired lengths. 
It was then a case of glueing the Timber dowels in place using wood glue and waiting for it to set. 
This could be painted but I love natural timber so I have left it as is!!

Such a simple project with a great outcome! 

7C832900-088C-4BB4-BCB4-7B2D75E4B47D.jpeg

E9CF1077-4D33-44B6-BB33-522B0B0930B5.jpeg

8D565442-05ED-42B1-A928-3D6AEEBA9BD8.jpeg

F0154AA8-E374-409E-8428-F37C70C774A8.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to reinvent a basic mirror

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kimamery. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your project.

What a fantastic result and a great way of adding interest to a simple mirror. I'm sure there will be plenty of members looking to replicate this in their own homes. I agree that the natural timber looks just fab.

Are you working on any other projects? We look forward to hearing all about what's going on around your home and garden and would encourage you to let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell!

I’m currently upcycling a beautiful timber chest of drawers so will keep my eye out for any tips! 
I’ll try and post the process once I’ve finished ☺️

Nuabe1
Finding My Feet

Great idea 👌👌👌

This looks great. I have quite a large frameless mirror that I wouldn't want to take down. Can you apply this frame to a mirror still on the wall? Also are there step by step instructions? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @jessicat,

Let me mention @kimamery so they are alerted to your questions. As this is a member-contributed project, there are no step-by-step instructions, but @kimamery has outlined the basic steps above. I'd imagine you could add the timber accents whilst the mirror was on the wall, though it might be easier if you removed it first.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the project, and we'll be able to assist you with them.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi, 

I’m sure it would be possible. I would firstly add some timber to frame the mirror, then you could add the rest of the timber pieces by attaching it to the timber frame. 
You would need to nail each piece in place rather than glue if you are adding directly to the wall. 
I hope this helps ☺️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects