Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a plasterboard wall?

Maymay
Building a Reputation

How to replace a plasterboard wall?

Hi Bunnings expert team

I am going to replace a plasterboard wall, could you tell how can I do it, thank you

Regards

Maymay 

63A1C429-129C-4309-A296-90185907AD2D.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace a plasterboard wall?

Hi @Maymay,

The tool to use is a score and snap knife. Once you have marked the lines you want to be cut you will then place a straight piece of material along the line as a guide. You need to run the knife across the board and along the guide several times to make a groove. You can then snap the board along that line.

There is no service available in-store to cut these boards. You can ask a team member to help you in cutting the board and they might be able to provide some assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Maymay
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell
Thank you for your great advice

Maymay

Maymay
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell

We almost finish the job, do we need to silicone all around the Hardieflex wall ? 
Thank you 

Maymay 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Maymay,

I apologise for the delay in my reply. You don't want water getting in under the edges around the Hardieflex. You can either use a Brutus 4.5mm x 2.4m Building Moulding Division to join the sheets together or seal the gap with Sikaflex 11fc. If you use the strip joiners they will stick up proud of the surface and there will be a visible join on the wall. If you are going to paint the wall then it might be worth going with the Sikaflex product and skimming it flat so it is flush with the boards surface. This will give you a cleaner result.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Maymay
Building a Reputation

Hi Mitchell

Thank you for all of the great advices and methods 
The job was done

Best regards

Maymay

47DAC56C-CBF4-4CFE-857B-A1D28FF9ED42.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Maymay,

That looks fantastic, you should be very proud of your efforts! Many thanks for updating us with a photo now that you are finished.

We look forward to hearing about your next project and can't wait to assist if necessary.

Well done.

Mitchell

bm
Cultivating a Following

Hi @MitchellMc 

THanks for the great help you and @Jason  are providing to the community. 

i had a question on the above picture, where you have marked places to apply the adhesive. 

Just curious to know, Why not apply on the middle cross frame and the outer frames?

thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @bm,

You'll be nailing around the perimeter and the locations I've marked just show an evenly spaced layout (although my stars do look a bit wonky). You don't want to apply stud adhesive on your first or the last stud as when the glue drys it pulls the sheet back and your nails will then protrude. Here's a step_by-step D.I.Y. tutorial on How To Plasterboard A Stud Wall which explains in more detail.

Please let me know if you need further information or had questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects