Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to secure a glass table top?

Dee2
Getting Established

How to secure a glass table top?

This glass table top used to be very secure and sturdy. Of late I find that I can only have something on display above the wood. I cannot have anything to the sides as it tends to topple. If I put my hand to the sides the glass topples over. How can I make it more secure 

glass table.jpgglass table1.jpg

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Secure a glass table top

Looks like the glue has given way on the mounting points, I think I can see three points in the bottom photo.

The top mount looks ok, right hand looks to be fine but the one on the left may be missing?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Secure a glass table top

Hi @Dee2,

It's great to see you've already received a helpful reply from @Brad.

I'm unsure if glue was used but it appears that there were previously three clear buffers similar to Madico 13mm Clear Round Vinyl Bumper Pad Surface Protectors on the timber section. At least the bottom left has gone missing which would be causing the glass top to rock. I would remove the other two which are remaining and apply three of the above-mentioned product so there are three buffers of the same thickness.

Alternatively, you could remove the two remaining buffers and apply Selleys 80g All Clear Multipurpose Sealant to three or four locations before repositioning the top.

Please let us know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects