Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How would i go about fixing this cabinet?

brendawebster44
Making a Splash

How would i go about fixing this cabinet?

I was given this mirror because I was soo nice. That’s what you get for being nice.Any help would be appreciated or it goes on the tip b🌺

0E2C13AB-8EA7-4FBB-8DB7-FFD9B8C2EC01.jpeg

2A2F29D0-9F7F-4FF6-8CA7-06DD981126C2.jpeg

ED2EEA1C-5F79-461B-ACD7-6B9D5448685F.jpeg

38DF2F30-C2B0-47D9-833D-634F98175F39.jpeg

image.jpg

Walzz
Building a Reputation

Re: How would i go about fixing this cabinet

@brendawebster44  Hi Brenda, do you have the missing piece from the broken leg? If so you should be able to re-attach it to the main part of the leg.
If the piece is indeed missing you could lay the cupboard over on its right hand side and trace the outline of the good leg onto a cardboard template so that you can replicate the missing piece of timber and re-attach it using a couple of 100mm x 10 gauge screws

As you like the cupboard it would be worthwhile trying to fix it rather than sending it to land fill.  If you don't have the tools or practical skills to do it yourself maybe you could contact the local Men's Shed for assistance.  They are usually very helpful and are 'tooled up' to make or repair just about anything.

r23on
Amassing an Audience

Re: How would i go about fixing this cabinet?

hi do you have the missing part? as suggested it is an easy repair providing you have the tooling. could you provide a better photo of the section where the leg is to attach to please.

also if you do not have tooling or the skills to to the job the as suggested the local mens shed / community shed should be able to help.

what state / suburb are you in and i may be able to direct you to a local shed.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @brendawebster44

It's great that you've received fantastic suggestions from @Walzz and @r23on. I totally agree with their recommendations on how to repair the legs of your mirror cabinet. However, if you are feeling adventurous, have a look at your tools and see if you can find a Trojan 165mm Coping Saw. A coping saw allows you to make specially shaped cuts on timber. 

I won't lie to you, it will take time to cut that shape out by hand. That's why going to the local Men's Shed will make this repair much faster. They will probably have the tools necessary to replicate the foot of your cabinet. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric the wise and everyone else. Thankyou Walzz for suggesting the men shed. There is one in Braybrook and one in Wyndham. I will be honest Eric the cabinet is on the back burner just for a little while. I bought a 45cm hanging basket some Red Vein Petunias, some Down to Earth  Petunia hybrids and some thing the label fell off.All the colours look fabulous together and I bought a lot.I found some manure in the shed must be years old but in the dark wondering if I could still use it. I did my home work and everything I bought is ok with full sun, can’t wait to get my hands dirty tomorrow. I took some photos of my fairy lights for everyone to have a giggle,fairy lights at my age. I will ring the men shed tomorrow and let you know how I go.

A94DA4B1-4CF9-4EBF-AFD2-8DA7E13E136C.jpeg

BC4FF6B1-131C-41C2-9602-9176348B9BC4.jpeg

75656A1B-701D-41A1-B54C-1505B4F42C52.jpeg

374FBEB5-D638-467D-A24D-BF9BC82B7DC0.jpeg

4D5B4301-F3DF-4F0C-94DC-BE67388C6852.jpeg

Hi @brendawebster44

This is just about the right time for fairy lights. They look wonderful and if you're counting the days like me, we are 65 days to you know what. I'm not saying the word until we are very close to the actual date. Petunias are suppose to be hardy plants and hold their flowers long. They should look fantastic in your garden. Keep us in the loop with your mirror cabinet. We would love to see it once it's repaired.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects