Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kmart side table D.I.Y. hack

grounded_design
Building a Reputation

Kmart side table D.I.Y. hack

side table.pngHey All,

Sharing a little Kmart hack I recently completed. All materials were from Bunnings and super easy to use, apart from the actual side table frame which is kmart..

- table top and sides are covered in Ardex feather finish to give that concrete look minus the heavy weight (follow instructions on package

- battens were cut at bunnings and painted in dulux 'strong olive'

- battens attached using liquid nails and then trimmed down with the ryobi multi tool

- a sealer was added at the end to the concrete top to help prevent any stains from spills.IMG_5598.JPGIMG_5600.JPGIMG_5607.jpg03B8A603-DDDE-4EC8-95DE-F1445C284731.jpg10938E64-675C-4D4D-A750-D437C13709CE.jpgD7D674B3-47E7-4399-AFA5-1D00A91BC97F.JPG

Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise enjoy the photos :smile: 

Thanks

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Kmart side table D.I.Y. hack

What a creative project and the end result looks amazing. The concrete look turned out really well. It's such a clever way to get that style while still having a light piece of furniture that's easy to move around the room.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us @grounded_design.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

In LOVE with the 'strong olive' color, amazing choice @grounded_design how many coats did you end up having to do?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much, 3 coats all up to get a nice even colour. A sample pot was enough to do this project. 

sammilne
Having an Impact

Love this! Especially the colour!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects