Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Light disc

Adam_W
Workshop Legend

Light disc

While shopping for lights for our reno a while back I saw some insanely expensive wall-hanging lights in a lighting shop showroom.
Hmmmm, I thought... I bet I can come up with a way to make one myself for heaps less...
Here's the end result.

I'm assuming it turned out well as my daughter saw it and said straight away 'Can you put that in my bedroom please...'

Guess I'll need to make another for the TV room now 😂🤣😂

IMG_1981.jpgIMG_1978.jpgIMG_1976.jpg

Community Manager's note: Adam has now written a step-by-step guide to creating your own stunning light disc feature for your home: How to make a light disc feature

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Light disc

Amazing @Adam_W. It does look like a piece you would see in a high-end lighting store.

Could you share more about the light and timber you used and how you secured it to the wall?

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @StevieB I’m very happy with how it turned out. 
I’ll have a video coming soon so will post that. It has the full steps & shopping list in there. 

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Not in the same league - but when we purchased our new fridge I wanted a lighted 'glow' from the back like some Pepsi/Coke dispensing machines. So I Purchased a $12 LED 'rope' kit from the Reject Shop that comes with a remote control and has dozens of colours and lighting modes.

At least we know where the fridge is at night.

20211202_172855.jpg

20211202_184231.jpg

ohh, very novel and very South Yarra !!b🌺

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Adam_W

Thank you so much for sharing such a groovy light disc. I  can imagine that this is very hypnotic at night time. I saw that timber light disc in a shop and I know exactly what you mean when you say insanely expensive. Just to give our members an idea of what parts are involved, I've placed a sample list below. Any tips or advice you can share with our members wanting to duplicate this project would be much appreciated. 

We look forward to your next creation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Saw these round panels - on "sale" - the other day.

20211212_104859.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects