Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Looking for a strong magnetic doorstop

FC
Finding My Feet

Looking for a strong magnetic doorstop

Hi, i am looking for a strong magnetic door stop for the main entrance.

Entrance door is a heavy glazed door type, single leaf.

Would you suggest a strong door stop for me?

Thanks very much.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Strong Magnetic Door Stop

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @FC 

It's great that @Brad has given you an excellent suggestion. I recommend the Delf Door Stopper Magnetic - Satin Chrome as it has a larger mounting base allowing it to take more horizontal force. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the door? It will give us an idea of how heavy it is and will allow us to make a better suggestion. Please keep us updated.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
FC
Finding My Feet

Thx both Brad and Eric's reply.

My entrance door is glazed single leaf type, size 950 x 2600mm high (it's rather tall and heavy).

Please see photos.

We installed a magnetic door stop two months ago, but it was too weak.

Sometimes i need to hold the door for some seconds until it was attached, and therefore i want to change another one.

In this regard, do you think Delf is strong enough for me ?

Thx.

D.jpga.jpg  B.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @FC

Thank you for posting pictures of your door. Your automatic door closer is pulling it off the magnetic door holder. It is a bit of a balancing act, the adjustment has to be exactly strong enough to close the door, but light enough that the magnetic door holder will hold it in place. Your other option is to attach another magnetic door holder to compensate for the door closer. If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

If the door fitting was hollow I would add rare earth magnets till the grip was where you are happy with it.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects