Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

MCM sideboard

Wendyjoyhall
Building a Reputation

MCM sideboard

Found this in pretty poor condition, hence having to paint and decorate the doors. I like this one particularly. 

20220501_171629.jpg

20220501_171753.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: MCM sideboard

Hi @Wendyjoyhall,

Another really special project, well done! It would be great to know how you did this project, what kind of tools you used, and the paint/wood stain you selected so other community members can learn how to make their own retro sideboard. If you have before pictures, this will also help your chances with the DIY competition. 😊

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wendyjoyhall
Building a Reputation

Hi Katie.  UnfortunatelyI didn't take "before" photos of this one! I used Cabots clear as I liked the existing colour of the timber.  I used my Cricut and permanent vinyl for design on front of doors.  Thank you for your comments. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

HI @Wendyjoyhall

Did you put anything on top of the vinyl decals you used or did you just paste them on as is? In your experience do the vinyl decals stay on very long or do they start to peel after a few years?

Eric

Wendyjoyhall
Building a Reputation

To be honest Eric I don't know how they will last over time.  I sell my furniture otherwise my house would be overflowing.  Maybe I should use something over the top?

If you haven't experienced the decals coming off, I can't see a reason to coat over them @Wendyjoyhall. It sounds like @EricL was just interested in hearing about how they performed for you.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects