Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Old Kmart coffee table upcycled with scrap wood

annie75
Cultivating a Following

Old Kmart coffee table upcycled with scrap wood

I turned an old Kmart coffee table that was falling apart from the side of the road into a talking piece, all with scrap wood from Bunnings!

DFEBCE04-4F3F-46E5-AEF1-2AED1A79739F.jpeg

2287FB7C-58CC-4975-87D0-3D12C22BE462.jpeg

8E192879-B976-4769-B265-DC98AD4114FB.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Old Kmart coffee table upcycled with scrap wood

Hello @annie75 

Thank you for sharing another wonderful creation made of scrap wood. I'm very curious now, what kind of scrap wood are you using? My compliments on your upcycling skills, that table looks like a showpiece now. Can you please tell us what kind of glue you're using to stick the timber pieces in place and are using timber filler for the timber gaps? 

We look forward to seeing your next creation.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
annie75
Cultivating a Following

Hello Eric! 
Thanks for the lovely compliment! The timber top is made from the bits of packing pine that you guys have to clean up and put in the bin! and the edge was finished by using an actual mdf packer because it was the perfect width and was super flexible to go around the edges. I use agnews multi purpose filler for the gaps.I use tite bond glue for most of my projects. 

Checkout the timber tables I made using the same scrap wood. 😀

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @annie75

Thank you very much for that extra information. I have had look at the other table and it looks awesome.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects