Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pallet timber Christmas tree

tish999
Finding My Feet

Pallet timber Christmas tree

63EFA678-825B-440E-809F-E704CEC80E03.jpeg

 made a Christmas tree from an old pallet lying around as we had no space for our 6foot one 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: christmas tree

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tish999. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for sharing your project.

That's a terrific way to re-purpose an old pallet! How long did it take you to build and do you have any photos of the construction? I'm a fairly eco-conscience person, and I shudder to think of how much plastic waste I have contributed to landfill over the years with old Christmas trees. I would estimate I've been through at least six. I think next time I'm going to follow your lead and recycle a pallet which is much kinder to the environment.

Have you made any other pallet projects? I found that once I started, I couldn't stop.

Many thanks for contributing your project. We look forward to seeing what you will create next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell, 

unfortunately I didn’t take any photos. Didn’t think about it at the time.

it was so easy and fast. I would say less than 30min from dragging the pallet out to hanging the lights on it.
I just drew a triangle from bottom corners up to the top. Cut it using circle say and router. Gave it a very quick sand.

screwed a timber for the trunk on the back and painted.
I used a staple gun to put the lights on to it. 

I haven’t done anything else as yet...

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great, thanks for sharing @tish999. I'm sure your work will inspire other members.  

Looking forward to seeing what you tackle next.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects