Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Putting together a flexi storage 16 cube 4x4

Wouldy
Senior Contributor

Putting together a flexi storage 16 cube 4x4

Hi, 

Last night I attempted to assemble this. I have assembled it before once. I had such great difficulty this time and I just gave up in the end. I really want to put it up. The issue was putting the bottom piece on. I had to insert two screws, there were holes for them but nowhere for the screws to actually go into once they were in the hole. There was no hole on the other side of the piece it gets screwed into. . Hence the drill. I know I was actually doing something wrong, I could not figure out what it was though. I had my drill out, impact driver, rubber mallet and the more I tried the worse I actually made it. I don't think I actually needed any of those tools.

Has anyone out one of these things together or is there a video I can watch on how to put one together? 

Thanks.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Putting together a flexi storage 16 cube 4x4

Hi @Wouldy,

All the pieces have stickers on them with letters. The pieces need to be in the correct positions for the unit to go together. You'll find the correct positions in the instruction manual. If the pieces are put in the wrong locations, you'll run into this issue that the pre-drilled holes aren't in the right places.

I've had this issue myself before. I suggest disassembling and starting again, following the instructions and matching up the correct locations of the panels via the letters assigned to them.

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Wouldy
Senior Contributor

Hi @MitchellMc 

I am glad to know I am not stupid then. Not calling you stupid either. Thanks for this, I will give it another crack and let you know how I go. Cheers. 

Wouldy. 

Wouldy
Senior Contributor

@MitchellMc 

Sorry it took me a while to get back. I've been so busy. 

I attempted to put it together again. It went better but still the whole thing collapsed on me. I ended up giving the wood away to a friend. I really didn't want to deal with it anymore. 

Wouldy. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Wouldy

My colleague @MitchellMc is currently on a break. I'm sorry to hear the assembly did not go as planned. If you ever decide to assemble a new one please let us know. We would be glad to provide advise and information.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects