Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Putting together a flexi storage 16 cube 4x4

Wouldy
Making a Splash

Putting together a flexi storage 16 cube 4x4

Hi, 

Last night I attempted to assemble this. I have assembled it before once. I had such great difficulty this time and I just gave up in the end. I really want to put it up. The issue was putting the bottom piece on. I had to insert two screws, there were holes for them but nowhere for the screws to actually go into once they were in the hole. There was no hole on the other side of the piece it gets screwed into. . Hence the drill. I know I was actually doing something wrong, I could not figure out what it was though. I had my drill out, impact driver, rubber mallet and the more I tried the worse I actually made it. I don't think I actually needed any of those tools.

Has anyone out one of these things together or is there a video I can watch on how to put one together? 

Thanks.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Putting together a flexi storage 16 cube 4x4

Hi @Wouldy,

All the pieces have stickers on them with letters. The pieces need to be in the correct positions for the unit to go together. You'll find the correct positions in the instruction manual. If the pieces are put in the wrong locations, you'll run into this issue that the pre-drilled holes aren't in the right places.

I've had this issue myself before. I suggest disassembling and starting again, following the instructions and matching up the correct locations of the panels via the letters assigned to them.

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc 

I am glad to know I am not stupid then. Not calling you stupid either. Thanks for this, I will give it another crack and let you know how I go. Cheers. 

Wouldy. 

@MitchellMc 

Sorry it took me a while to get back. I've been so busy. 

I attempted to put it together again. It went better but still the whole thing collapsed on me. I ended up giving the wood away to a friend. I really didn't want to deal with it anymore. 

Wouldy. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Wouldy

My colleague @MitchellMc is currently on a break. I'm sorry to hear the assembly did not go as planned. If you ever decide to assemble a new one please let us know. We would be glad to provide advise and information.

Eric

irene762
Just Starting Out

Hi I am having the exact same problem as Wouldy. I checked ever single piece a million times looking for extra holes. There is no small square pieces with 2 holes. Can I return this product? I am on a very tight budget and can't afford to waste money on this

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @irene762. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Flexi Storage cube unit.

There are the vertically placed square shelf dividers with four holes (for the dowels) marked piece five, but I can't see any reference in the instructions for small square pieces with two holes or additional holes to the dowel holes. The square pieces never have screws screwed into them. 

The additional screw holes to attach the sides (piece two) are found at the ends of the piece marked four, the middle horizontal shelf. If you are looking for holes in the square pieces, it sounds like you're trying to attach the side piece (two) on the top of the unit instead of the side. This is the most common issue I've encountered when assembling these units. That, and not positioning piece four in the middle of the three horizontal shelves.

I'm happy to provide further assistance and instruction on assembling the unit, or you can return it to the store. Just pop it back in the box, and I trust our team will have no issues returning it for you.

Mitchell

Flexi.png

Desso
Just Starting Out

I had trouble with the shelves there are no pilot holes for the 2 screws either side of the unit.

Only 1 shelf had a number 3 on it the other 2 shelves were not numbered, when i put them together with the dowls I checked all 3 shelves for pilot holes and found none. I finely just put together with just the dowls and screws top and bottom, because it is only a single 4 shelf unit.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Desso. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about assembling a Flexi Storage unit.

It's only the large units that have the screws in one of the shelves to join the sides. The smaller unit you've assembled, which is a 2 x 2, does not have screws for the mid-shelf; it only has screws in the corners on the top and bottom. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects