Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled bedside drawers

AthenaGeorgia
Building a Reputation

Upcycled bedside drawers

AfterAfterBeforeBeforebedside after.jpg

After buying these bedsides from Marketplace, I gave them a thorough clean and removed the existing hardware. I then scuff sanded all surfaces and filled any scratches and dents with Timbermate wood filler. I wanted to give the bedsides a more modern look, so  I decided to remove the original legs and replace them with Adoored pine tapered furniture legs.  I also added rattan to the drawer fronts, which I cut to size, soaked in warm water for 30 minutes before fixing onto the drawer fronts with Gorilla Clear Grip glue. After doing this , I primed the bedsides with BIN shellac primer and once dry, I painted them with Dulux aqua enamel in Hog Bristle Half. Lastly, I added Lane Matte Brass Finger Post knobs to the drawer fronts. I was happy to give this tired pair of bedsides a new lease on life! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Upcycled bedside drawers

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @AthenaGeorgia. It's lovely to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your beautiful project.

You've achieved a stunning transformation there! I trust you are just delighted with how they've turned out, and rightfully so. I love the rattan draw front linings, and I've wanted to incorporate them into some of my projects.

Thanks again for sharing and running us through the steps you took to achieve these results. I will be looking forward to seeing what you share next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for your kind words, Michael. I really appreciate it. 😊

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

Amazing job @AthenaGeorgia ! There’s is something so special about upcyling and you nailed this one. They look super modern coastal and the best part you turned something old into something beautiful 😍 

Thank you so much! ☺️! I’m happy with how they turned out and it was great to save them from going to landfill. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects