Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled dining table and chairs

Flipit
Finding My Feet

Upcycled dining table and chairs

This tired old table and chairs needed a new look, and after a trip to Bunnings (Bibra Lake) and some valuable product advice from the lovely staff in the painting section I left armed with the right tools and products to complete the job. Table was sanded using the trusted Ryobi. Chairs and table legs were hand sanded and painted a warm shade of charcoal (Orchid Nights). Table top was sealed with Feast Watson’s clear satin varnish. 

076E6D4A-77BF-4307-9C5F-2B5E5CCE56ED.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Upcycled dining table and chairs

Hello @Flipit

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your beautiful upcycling of the dining table and chairs.

Thank you for sharing the materials you used on your table and chairs. How long did it take to prepare and paint the entire set? How many coats did you do on the table? I'm sure our members would love to know the steps you took to get such a beautiful finish.

We look forward to seeing more.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi, it probably took 7 - 8 hours of prep including sanding back the table top and a light sand and sugar soap wipe down elsewhere. Two coats of paint plus three coats of Feast Watson varnish on the table top. Light sand between each coat. 

prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

@Flipit Wow what a beautiful set! I love what you’ve done with it, I can imagine that would have taken many hours to sand 😅

It looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing 😊

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects