Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wall panelling on TV wall

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Wall panelling on TV wall

Hi all, seeking some thoughts/advice on a feature wall I'm planning.

In my FIFA Room (AKA Theatre) I'm doing panelling on the TV wall. I'm trying to decide if I do horizontal or vertical panelling...

Will horizontal compliment the width of the TV? Or will vertical look better? I have an 85inch TV and the wall is about 4m wide including a 1m doorway so the TV gets centred in roughly 3m section.

I've recently done horizontal shiplap in my entry (unfinished area so ignore the random placement of plants).

15636847399424792307775632638536.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Isobel
Amassing an Audience

Re: Wall panelling on TV wall

Bunnings shared an example of using Easycraft panels vertically on Instagram last week - https://www.instagram.com/p/B0VPFTXlomZ/

Thanks @Isobel - The EasyVJ panels are a good way to go. Have installed a few times for customers and also my daughter's room :smile:

I actually did this in a friend's house who is coincidently friends with @hausofcruze

Screenshot_20190207-141708_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20190207-141737_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20190730-075411_Instagram.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Former Workshop member
Not applicable

I saw this at the time (about the shiplap nomenclature issue) and I meant to comment; but I have been busy since then. Anyway I just wanted to put some kudos towards the 'digital team' @Jason ...I noticed they had actioned that within the day! Very impressive to see that they care what a few people talk about here.

Also just a thanks to @Isobel and @ProjectPete for the easy VJ wall panelling concept...I am still struggling with a design (for my home theater) and whilst I don't think this would suit; it is still another concept that I like and could possibly use elsewhere in my house :wink:

Cheers guys :laugh:

Those VJ panels look the goods. The Bunnings website gives advice on how to affix them to stud walls. Whilst that works for everyone on the East coast with brick veneer, for us over here in WA most of the housing is double brick. What’s the solution here then. Is it liquid nails and masonry nails?

Hi @ScottNoIdea,

Love your profile photo and username. It made me laugh! :giggle:

@ProjectPete is based in Perth so I'm sure he can appreciate your sentiment and will be happy to assist.  

A very warm welcome to Workshop to you and thanks for joining in the discussion. We look forward to seeing how your project comes up. What are you planning?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Stud walls definitely easier for this sort of project @ScottNoIdea 

But yes, for our brick walls on the WC, I rely on Selleys/Sika instant liquid nails plus masonry nails and give the panels a good tap all over with a rubber mallet to help with the flat adhesion to the wall. Knock the nails in further with a minimum 5mm nail punch and follow this up with a quick patch and sand before painting.

----------
Handy and helpful

Thanks @ProjectPete Never used masonry nails before. How long do they need to be and do they get hammered into the mortar or the brick? 

jayho
Just Starting Out

Does anyone what colour that is and what sort of cladding I would need to use to get such the feature? Looks awesome thanks

Which photo/colour are you asking about @jayho ?

And which panelling? The horizontal dark one is Dulux Domino done with shiplap cladding. The vertical is EasyVJ panels but Id have to find out about the colour for you. 

----------
Handy and helpful
Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Cheers for that @ProjectPete...masonry nails I have also never used before and a rubber mallet tap to ensure all the surfaces are adhered is a great suggestion...little tips like that are golden mate :wink:

Cheers

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects