Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wardrobe transformed into display cabinet

Lmassih
Building a Reputation

Wardrobe transformed into display cabinet

We turned our 4th bedroom to our dining area as we have a small house. The wardrobe got turned into a display cabinet. We decided it need some touch up so painting brushes and trays came out 😊

We set out a goal to have this completed in 7 days. We achieved this and the outcome was just incredible. 

The shelving and the cabinet are painted in Rustoleum Chalk Paint in Linen White. 

The handles are spray painted in Rustoleum Flat Black.

The back of shelving is Dulux Concrete Effect in Pale Elements 

All products bought from Bunnings. 

Here are some pictures of before, during and after. I am so happy that I got the dulux catalogue from bunnings. The dulux concrete effect is absolutely amazing. I find that photos doesn't do it justice. Its just another level, the effect wether its in natural light or in down lights the colour of this is just amazing. 

Resized_20201115_161749.jpeg

20210815_193410.jpg

IMG-20210821-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20210821-WA0009.jpg

20210821_130413.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Display Cabinet

Hi @Lmassih

Thank you for sharing the revamp of your display cabinet. I can clearly see in your photo the Dulux Concrete Effect. But I'm sure that the effect is more pronounced when seen in person. The Rustoleum Chalk Paint in Linen White really makes the cabinet pop out.  

Again, thank you for sharing your display cabinet makeover.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Wardrobe transformed into display cabinet

Wow @Lmassih,

This is a stunning transformation! Incredible job making your deadline, that is not an easy feat. I really like how the concrete gives it that added feature element that makes your personal décor stand out even more. I am sure you were very eager to have a dinner party after completing this project. 

Did you need to put a top coat or wax on your shelving and cabinet after applying the chalk paint?

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Lmassih
Building a Reputation

Re: Wardrobe transformed into display cabinet

Hi Katie, thank you for your comment. We used British Paints in crystal clear. 

Thank you

Lynette

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects