Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

33 year old cubby renovation

Jimi
Making a Splash

33 year old cubby renovation

cub 1.1.jpg

cub 1.0.jpg

  

This is my wife's cubby from when she was a kid. Although the roof and floor was completely rotted - a sheet of yellow tongue, some left over merbau lengths and colorbond sheets, a tonne of screws and a lick of paint (more like a lot of sanding and 4 coats of paint!), I have managed to keep this cubby in the family and save a lot of money!

All outside works I generally do myself, this one was a bit of extra fun as my wife helped paint and deck the cubby out!

MitchellM
Amassing an Audience

Re: 33 year old cubby renovation

@Jimi That came out Amazing, well-done!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Pergola, deck and swimming pool should be next on that list.

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great job @Jimi! Many thanks for sharing. How wonderful that the cubby can be enjoyed by another generation. 

I particular love the finishing touch of the barbie on the deck. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

This is so neat! And so cool that it was your wife’s as a child. Very special! Good job keeping it maintained 👍🏻 

Nikkaz
Making a Splash

This looks amazing! Family air loom to pass through the generations.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects