Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard transformation - before and after

LePallet
Valued Contributor

Re: Backyard transformation - before and after

Sorry for late reply @Yudi. The deck was quite large as you can see, I gave my mate a hand along with his worker. I may of saved a few $$ but all up to memory it may of been around 6-8k but I was quoted by one guy $12k so as I said I can’t remember. Normally people change $200 a square Meter so work your area out and that may help a little :smile:

Took around 3-4 days area was around 40sq2

apples2
Budding Contributor

Fantastic! Well done!

Navman1081
Budding Browser

Amazing result. Did you have to do a dig out for the deck? it looks quite close to the ground??? How high is it off the surface of the ground?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Navman1081,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. Let me tag the amazing @LePallet so he is alerted to your question about the deck. I'm sure Rylie will be happy to answer as soon as he can.

Welcome to the community. We're really pleased you could join us and trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our wonderful members. Please feel free to post anytime you need a hand with anything. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Trusted Contributor

Fantastic! Looks great and very usable.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @homeprojectco
LePallet
Valued Contributor

01B0F8B0-3201-4615-B8EA-8CB910605FB4.jpeg

@Navman1081 Hey mate 

that’s a great question 

the one thing i wish we knew when building the house was we needed to dig down a certain depth for the deck to make it all fit. 
very lucky at the time there was no house next door and I managed to fit a mini diggger to dig down the required depth to allow for the deck framing. From memory it was around 350mm, once you add the decking, the Joyce and the beams plus little wedge stumps & a few stumps concreted in. The ground was so bloody hard but being compacted sand, I just had the hose running into the ground to soften it all up. Then it was a mission moving all the left over sand to the side block of land through the fence and down the retaining wall. 

vipulgoswami
Junior Contributor

wow, that looks amazing, would love to get some help of you

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vipulgoswami.

Let me mention @LePallet so he is notified of your comment. If you had any particular questions for him about the project, then I'm sure he would be more than happy to assist you.

Mitchell

MrnMrsScott
Bolted-on Browser

Wow! You guys did a great job! I’m feeling inspired 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Workshop community @MrnMrsScott. We're excited to have you join us!

I trust you'll find loads of inspirational projects from our amazing community members posted here daily.

If you ever need a hand or have something to share with the community make sure to start a discussion and share with us.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects