Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bin shed

annettespanski
Having an Impact

Bin shed

21A2140E-382A-45CF-90BA-37FD65CA0D61.jpeg

We live in a two storey house that has a lovely sunny balcony at the front of the house in a quiet street. However, all I could ever notice looking down were those “ugly green rubbish bins.” Something needed to be done to hide them. So it was back to Bunnings lol

What an ugly view? Horrible rubbish bins.  Too much concrete ( that was painted red) and those colour bond fences needed to be recycled and painted black! 

1FFDFE24-75D1-4519-A7B5-46D6C50ACBED.jpeg

729A6105-C5CE-4C88-BA75-B29D80A72437.jpeg

I now love the view from our balcony .. No ugly bins to be seen

88955ED0-F10E-48BD-AE60-9DF9B657F1F1.jpeg

How do you like our bin shed? It’s matched up to the newly painted colour bond fence. It’s now surrounded by new grass, and a beautiful white Natez tree

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Bin shed

Yet another wonderful project, @annettespanski, congratulations. That's an elegant storage solution perfect for hiding your unsightly bins. Great decision to match your bin shed with your fence. I'm also liking your problem solving mindset, and how you seize upon the opportunity to solve them with your creative D.I.Y. skills. What was your favourite part of this build?

We've had a few bin sheds and covers included in our Featured Projects section (like this one), and I won't be surprised if yours makes it there one day. Keep up the great work, and looking forward to seeing your next project.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nham
Becoming a Leader

Great project and really smart design. It looks like a long walk to the bins:-)

Rolando
Having an Impact

Like you I also enjoy looking at my projects and give myself a metaforical pat on the back. For one's mental health is important to do so and get pleasure for one's well implemented projects. Definetly a professional job, nice touch to have the panels matching the fence, I should get your advice when I design some projects I'm toying with in my head.

WayneM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Great work @annettespanski.

Many thanks for sharing your wonderful work.

We are interested in turning your project into a Featured Project article. Do you have any more pictures you could share?

I'm sure our community members would also love to hear the steps you took and the materials you used on your project. Any tips or lessons you learned would also be of great benefit to those wanting to attempt a similar project.

Many thanks,

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Keeping to the “ rustic look” of the house and front garden we let the bin shed age a little and planted grasses on either side. 

IMG_1530.jpeg

We also spray painted the fence monument to update it. 
Cheers Annette 

Hi @annettespanski 

Thank you for sending through the extra picture and further information.

Much appreciated.

Kind regards

Wayne

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects