Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Blocking rain gap between pergola and fence

Joodles
Getting Established

Blocking rain gap between pergola and fence

Hi everyone

Thanks for any input/advice, really appreciate it :smile:

We have a gap between our fence & pergola that lets the rain in/onto our small deck. Looking for ideas/materials on how to block this space (see photos attached).

For the back of the fence, the polycarb ends directly above the fence.

For the side of the fence, the polycarb & beam ends before the fence. A friend suggested adding another beam in the pergola to extend the polycarb to meet the side fence, but that'll be a pretty big job at a guess.

Maybe a lattice to increase fence height, but how do we extend the roof a touch so that the rain falls over the other side of the lattice?

Thank you thank you for any ideas/suggestions!

IMG_0406.jpgIMG_0463.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Blocking rain gap between pergola and fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Joodles. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

There's a range of different methods for extending the roof to cover the gap. I would believe the addition of another rafter might be one of the easier options. You could look at potentially having an awning which fixes to the side of the pergola and then attaches down to the fence. 

I look forward to hearing what our helpful member's suggestions are for your project. Let me mention @Brad and @ProjectPete to see if they could offer some advice.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Blocking rain gap between pergola and fence

Thanks so much for your feedback :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects