Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a simple outdoor pull up bar?

kylevuong
Just Starting Out

How to build a simple outdoor pull up bar?

Hi guys, I'm first time user here. 

During the lock down my local gym was closed and so as the playground. Therefore I would like to ask about building a simple pull up bar for outdoor use. It looks pretty simple and I think I can do it myself however I'm not sure if I can get all the materials at Bunnings? 

Basically I will need:

2 x 2.7-3 metre wooden post

1 x 2 metre solid steel bar (34-35mm diameter)

Concrete mix

Can you guys let me know if I can have the posts and solid steel bar at Bunnings at these specs? and is there anything else I need to notice before building one? Thanks a lot for your help and stay safe everyone.

119340576_4999584756733651_5176742807624330078_n.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to build a simple outdoor pull up bar?

Thank you for the photos @markh1! Your foremen look quite happy with your work. How long does it take for the concrete to be properly set? Would love to see a photo of the whole thing when you have a chance.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
markh1
Growing in Experience

Screenshot_20221011-193046.png

Working up to muscle ups.  Just 1 would be great before Christmas.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @markh1

Thank you very much for the update. That pull-up bar looks fantastic. I'm sure you'll be able to do more than just one muscle up before Christmas time.

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Awesome stuff @markh1 , grab yourself some bands and you can effectively do an all body workout with just the bar, it's a great piece of equipment. I'm looking forward to the kid being old enough for some play equipment so I can add-on a Salmon Ladder to whatever outdoor gym we make him 😏.

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects