Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Old outdoor swing updated

laurens989
Finding My Feet

Old outdoor swing updated

164CE7F6-F20B-4E11-9C7E-27863B1089E2.jpeg

We updated an old outdoor swing by painting it black and removing the old cushions and fabric to the timber slates. The original owner said the swing was her late mother’s swing and she didn’t want to throw it away but wanted someone else to give it some new life and enjoy it as much as they did. She was so happy when I showed her the new picture of her swing. 

75D153C4-A6C7-4AC9-BDDE-7127B2A77407.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Old outdoor swing

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @laurens69. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing this fabulous project.

What an wonderful transformation of a swing chair. I trust many of our members would have something similar in their own backyards and now have some inspiration on how they could also rejuvenate it.

Were the timber slats already there, or did you need to add those?

Great work and we look forward to what project you tackle next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey,

no there was a mesh fabric underneath the cushions which we took off. We brought treated pine and cut it to size to fit the chair and painted the timber to give it some protection agents the weather. 

Many thanks for the extra detail @laurens989

Great to have you join the Bunnings Workshop community. We're looking forward to reading more about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. You'll find helps of inspiration and helpful advice on the site.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning @laurens989 

Very clever idea! 👍

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects