Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Outdoor kitchen

darryl7
Building a Reputation

Outdoor kitchen

1575323819695141185811.jpg
v1cL0rd
Getting Established

Re: Outdoor kitchen

Thanks @darryl for the confirmation. I will start planning mine and will share for feedback and comments.

Blackwood
Just Starting Out

That look amazing, great job.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Blackwood.

It's great to have you join us and fantastic to see you've already taken inspiration from this project. Let me mention @darryl7 so they are alerted to your kind feedback. We look forward to hearing about any projects you have going on around your house and garden and I trust you'll find plenty of inspiration for them within the community. We have loads of knowledgable members just waiting to share their advice and experience. We encourage you to let us know anytime you need assistance with your projects or have something to share with the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MrDIY
Finding My Feet

Fantastic job @darryl7 

It looks amazing!

Can you tell me a little more about the Louvres/Shutters above tiled wall?

Are they custom made or a product available at Bunnings?

And are they able to open and close?

I'm currently doing my alfresco area and need a shutter solution in a particular area.

More than happy to build one from kit form if required.

thanks in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @MrDIY. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @darryl7 so they are alerted to your kind feedback and hopefully they can answer your question too.

You might be interested in these discussions for some more ideas on your project

We look forward to hearing more about your alfresco project and we'd encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share it will the community.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
darryl7
Building a Reputation

Thanks for the compliment. The louvers are bought from bunnings. You buy as many louvers as you need and then side panels hold them into place. I think both the louvers and the side panels are 2400mm long and you cut them to length. If you want them to pivot like mine so you can close them, then you need to buy the pivot ends in a pack of four to fit in the lover ends. The end panels also come in non pivot and the louvers sit permanently at a 45 degree angle. All the products are available at bunnings and im sure a team member can giude you in the right direction.

15990040636171306464257.jpg

Thanks for the reply and extra picture Darryl7. 👌

Clayton
Finding My Feet

Hi @darryl7 Well done on what you have created there. That is an awesome job. Apologies, I'm not sure when you posted this, but can I ask, what did you coat (oil/stain/ etc) the Merbau boards you used as benchtop in? Also did you use any heat proofing under your pizza oven or straight onto the benchtop? I plan on doing something similar and have a pizza oven (similar to yours), that I'd want to place on the benchtop, so I'm just curious. Cheers for your time

darryl7
Building a Reputation

Thanks for the compliment, i used cabots natural decking oil on the bench top and ive had no problem with heat from the oven. I placed a thermometer under it once, and it got to 38 degrees. This was on a 30 degree day. 

Thank you very much for your reply @darryl7, I appreciate it. Can I ask, what size gap is between pizza oven and bench, as I assume it is not sitting directly onto the bench? I ask as mine doesn't have feet, so I'll need to raise it. Cheers again.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects