Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What are the Ryobi warranty response times?

drenai
New Contributor

What are the Ryobi warranty response times?

hello

Can someone tell me what the ryobi response times are to warranty claims?

I bought a petrol powered generator at bunnings keperra but i can't get it to start. it has fresh fuel in the tank and oil in the sump. i checked that it has spark and also that fuel is getting past the fuel tap. it sounds completely dead, there are no pops or any other signs of life.

I uploaded my bunnings receipt and registered the generator on the ryobi website. i sent a form via  their page 3 weeks ago and again on Monday.  but that has proven as productive as the generator

Cheers

Noyade
Trusted Contributor

Re: Ryobi Warranty Response Times

Good Evening @drenai 

If it's within warranty - from what I understand regards consumer rights and advice from Fair Trading in the past - and it's faulty, return it to the place of purchase for a return, replacement or repair - I believe it's your choice. I am absolutely sure Bunnings would be very happy to help you. I would not be dealing with Ryobi until that warranty has expired.

Regards

Graeme.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @drenai,

@Noyade is on the money. Please return it to your closest Bunnings store for assistance with your proof of purchase. If it's within the warranty period and the helpful team can't diagnose the issue and assist you with starting the unit, they'll happily swap it over for you on the spot.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Before embarrassing myself at my local Bunnings, i decided to try to start it once again. it was the same as before; spark, fresh fuel, won't start. no signs of life.

So this time i took the air cleaner off and squirted the tiniest bit of "Start ya bastard" into the air intake and put the air cleaner back together.  i only pulled the pull-start out about a foot and it fired into life!

That was saturday morning, over the rest of the weekend, i started it about 6-8 times. Its now one pull from hot and two from cold

Noyade
Trusted Contributor

I'm glad it all worked out @drenai 😁

But nothing embarrassing woulda happened even if you had brought it in.

Cheers!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great to hear you got it sorted, @drenai!

As @Noyade has mentioned, please never feel embarrassed to seek assistance from our helpful team. I've diagnosed hundreds of petrol-powered machines in-store, and we'd much rather you bring a machine in than struggle with it at home. Sometimes you can get them running; other times, they just need to be swapped out. It could be anything from a closed fuel tap to a seized engine and everything in-between.

I'm glad that you're up and running. Please reach out again if you have further issues.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects