Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

A happy new year ahead

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

A happy new year ahead

MikeFreidaBedroom.jpg

Workshop community update #3

Hi all,

Happy new year. I hope that whatever you have planned in 2016 that this year brings new experiences and joy.   

I never fail to be impressed at the power of community. How everyone has unique experiences and insights that they can share. And I’m constantly impressed at how generous people can be in sharing their time, knowledge and expertise with others. Many thanks to the helpful Workshop members who have recently shared their advice on the site.

I’m also really pleased to be able to share people’s stories regularly on this blog with our member profiles. It was a privilege this week to introduce @mikedoeslife and his partner Friedel who bought their first home 12 months ago. Since then they have started an ambitious renovation of lovely 60s weatherboard house and had a baby boy. Their gorgeous bedroom is pictured below.

I encourage you all to read Mike and Friedel’s story and introduce yourself. I also welcome nominations for other candidates for a member profile.

Now that the festive season is behind us it’s been a busier week on Workshop as more people roll up their sleeves and get stuck into new year projects. Our top contributors to Workshop over the past week were @Jackson@Bjorn@ProjectPete@Dan and @Eric. Many thanks for your contribution. 

Some of the most popular posts from the past week included:

• Lindsay’s seat - a wonderful project for bringing @Ben's family together and remembering a loved one

•  An amusing discussion about living with spiders.

It was also great this week to get a sneak peak of a beach house renovation from new member @Eagle, and some feedback about the tough decision whether to renovate an existing house or build new.  I’m also looking forward to seeing other people’s thoughts on the dilemma of carpet versus timber floorboards in bedrooms.

And it was fantastic to see that our introduce yourself to the community discussion is still proving popular. If you haven’t already said hello, please don’t be shy.

Jason

Community Manager

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects