Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedroom feature wall

sper
Building a Reputation

Bedroom feature wall

StevieB_0-1644968723380.jpegHello everyone,

I need some help wrt choosing Color for kids room feature wall. I am after a neutral tone Color and want to know if I should go with low-sheen or Matt finish Color. And if I want to add glitter which one would be a good choice.

BTW I tried a light purple low-sheen with brush and it doesn’t look good at all. 
thanks

sper
Building a Reputation

Re: Need help with color for feature wall in kids room

Hurray! I have completed my first feature wall DIY and so far looks great and everyone is loving it.

4E18C42C-9792-48E5-B498-3A9F3DE776E6.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

It looks incredible @sper. Well done and thanks for sharing!

Could you run through the materials you ended up using and how you created this feature?

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sper
Building a Reputation

Hi @StevieB 

Here is the list:

1. Porta 67x11mm 2.7m moulding white pine FJ primed DAR - 6 of these for bordering

2. Porta 42x11mm 2.7m moulding white pine FJ primed DAR - 6

3. Sellys liquid nail

4. Hammer and nails

5. Trojan Hand saw

6. Dulux Ticking Color 

inspiration and courage came from people here on the workshop community and drew a few design on paper to choose from and drew it on the wall with pencil before sticking anything on.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Amazing, thanks @sper. It's great to hear that you were inspired by other projects on Workshop and that you had the courage to give it a go yourself. You must be so proud of the result!

Look forward to seeing more of your projects.

Stevie

hi there, I am soo glad it worked out  for you and all parties happy. I never thought to ask what area you lived, I tend to think every body goes to my bunnings.Just a bit of advice but of course I don’t know your circumstances but.1 Never feel overwhelmed, 2 buy the correct product by asking, and if you have a bit left keep it as sealed as possible then if the little dears draw on the wall you have exactly the right colour. I love painting so give me a call and I will come running b

sper
Building a Reputation

Re: Bedroom feature wall

I have completed another feature wall in the 2nd room, this time a different pattern though. Looks amazing with little Dulux diamond glitter applied to the pattern lines. This room took me around 4.5 days to complete. Color is again Dulux Ticking.

IMG_2362.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sper

Thank you so much for sharing your feature wall in the second bedroom. You've got the hang of it now. That second room feature wall is perfect and the colour is just gorgeous. Would it be possible for you to take a closer photo of the pattern lines so that we can see the diamond glitter? I'm sure our members are keen to see if the glitter really stands out or is subdued?

Again, thank you so much for sharing your second feature wall.

Eric

sper
Building a Reputation

Hey Eric, I have tried capturing but it doesn't look as good as with the naked eye. but anyway, thats what I could capture.

IMG_2376.jpg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Ahhh...memories

Just thinking back. My first son's bedroom mural.

1990 - How fast the time goes....😔

I look so young - and I have hair.

Looking back.Looking back.

Scan0905.jpg

Cameras have certainly improved in 32 years.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects