Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. table made from four pallets

Peggers
Becoming a Leader

D.I.Y. table made from four pallets

13119115_10153468474731681_8523983426111604583_n.jpg

You can get full instructions for building this table here - How to build a pallet timber table

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Re: D.I.Y. table made from four pallets

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in here @Peggers but @WCE2019 It’s not a silly question at all it really comes down to what pallets you have available to choose from.you could definitely build a table similar to this one out of 2 pallets if you had two really long pallets e.g. 2.2m long or longer . If you can find them then you could use 1 as a donor pallet to get enough timber for what you need.

FDBD8A48-D93E-4A08-843F-DEAD91C392C8.jpeg

DE76BE27-957B-4C93-8177-602FC5B527B4.jpeg

Here is a couple of tables I built using only 2 pallets. Different style I know but you could always cut the planks and flip them sideways if you want the same look as @Peggers table.

if you can only get your hands on standard short pallets 1165 x 1160 well in WA that is then it could still be done it just wouldn’t be as long or possibly as wide. 

I hope that helps a little bit 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good question @WCE2019. Thanks for joining in the discussion. And great to see you get such a prompt and comprehensive reply from one of our pallet experts here in the Workshop community. 

A very warm welcome to Workshop. It's great to have you join us and we look forward to following this project with interest, and many more to come in the future. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
WCE2019
Former Community Member

thanks for your help @Yorky88

could anyone who sees this post please help me with getting ideas for my project and put them on my conversation "Pallet Coffee Table Ideas"

Thanks

Peggers
Becoming a Leader

@Yorky88 Your table is AMAZING! Love it!!

Yorky88
Becoming a Leader

Cheers @Peggers it honestly was one of the simplest builds I have ever done but still just as effective. I appreciate the feedback though 👍🏻🙌🏻 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Just wanted to alert followers of this very popular project, especially @Pat1 and @robyn2202, that the wonderful @Peggers has shared a full step-by-step guide How to build a pallet timber table, complete with a list of tools and materials.

Please let us know if you need any help to build your own!

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi Rob.

"However some pallets are a lot harder than others depending on what type you pick up."

I'm not sure if it's geographical but the pallets I pick up seem to be built to last forever. Some I've found are put together with 100mm nails that have a corrugated body which makes a clean withdrawal impossible. Sometimes the wood will tear away from the nail head leaving a gaping hole or the wood simply shatters.

Then there some pallets that fall apart just by looking at them. I don't find many of those.

I tried a Mumme "Pallet Breaker" (Bunnings $89) and despite being made of spring steel, I bent a fork on the very first attempt on a hardwood pallet.

I rang the company and was told "there are some very tough pallets out there" - and suggested I return it for a refund. I did.

I watched some YouTube and these are the breaking/prying devices I came with (that don't bend).

Closest works the best - the furthest is for when it's time give up and destroy the pallet - firebucket food.

Pallet BreakersPallet Breakers

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

There's also helpful advice in this Bunnings project - D.I.Y. pallet herb planter. I will embed the video below. 

Hi Jason.

I love how they slip in the nailer....

$1,000 with the nails?$1,000 with the nails?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects