Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Deta Grid Connect PIR network dropouts and resolutions

CSParnell
Established Contributor

Deta Grid Connect PIR network dropouts and resolutions

I have been utilising the Deta Grid Connect PIR sensor for quite a few weeks now and have had an issue 2 times where it disconnects from the network, now I'm sure this happens on other smart devices and is easily resolved without even knowing when say the light switch is turned off but when the PIR is wired in parallel it has constant power to the sensor allowing operation from the sensor or from the switch.

The PIR will operate as a non smart device when no network is present meaning that it still activates lights as per the last settings but no automation or notification will work which in my case the garage door opening won't trigger the lights to come on and it won't send me a notification someone is out the front.

So to fix this is really simple, you just need to go to your electrical switchboard and find your light circuit breakers, turn them off for 5 seconds and then back on. Give it a few minutes and then click on your device and under settings click on network connectivity and do a test. It should connect now.

Screenshot_20220629-123440_Bunnings Product Finder.jpg

Screenshot_20220629-113954_Grid Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20220629-114003_Grid Connect.jpg

  

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Deta Grid Connect PIR network dropouts and resolutions

Thanks for sharing @CSParnell, much appreciated. Great having you share your knowledge and experience with the Bunnings Workshop community. 👍

Who would have thought that turning something off and then on again would actually resolve the problem! 😁

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Thanks for that handy tip, @CSParnell! I trust any members shaking their heads about why their unit won't re-connect will appreciate your advice.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Established Contributor

The good old 5 second rule. Haha 😄 

CSParnell
Established Contributor

To add to this I installed a TP link Deco dual mesh system into the house and it has resolved many issues with Wifi congestion and drop outs.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/tp-link-deco-m4-dual-band-mesh-wi-fi-router-2-pack_p0127459?store=8085&g...

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects