Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Help with Mosaics?

Julieg9426
Having an Impact

Help with Mosaics?

Hi all

I’ve just discovered this section on the website - it’s going to change my life!!!!! 😁

Wondering if anyone in the community has done any mosaicking?  I’d like to start but have no idea where to!

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Help with Mosaics?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Julieg9426. We're so pleased that you've joined us!

Here are a few discussions that might be useful:

A tile might be a good project to take on as you get a feel for things. Here is a video with step-by-step instructions.

Let me tag @maryg@TerryN@CharlieG@Shelby@Mammasalt@Jewhite123@Diamondee@gippslandhome who might also be able to share some wisdom. 

We're here to help so please feel free share any questions you might have.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Julieg9426,

How'd you go reading through those discussions? 

To get started, I'd recommend some basic tools and materials, including a Mandala Art Mosaic Glass CutterMandala Art Mosaic Glue and Mandala Art White Super Fine Mosaic Grout. This Mandala Art range is fantastic when beginning mosaicing.

We also have a great range of coloured tiles which you can use. If cutting your own tiles is a bit daunting for a first project, I can suggest using the pre-cut tiles similar to Mandala Art  Mosaic Glass Tiles. For my first project, I used the pre-cut pieces and found it a breeze to create something I was proud of. I'm not sure if it is a snail or a nautilus, but I'll include an image below either way.

I look forward to seeing your first project and would encourage you to let us know if you have any questions or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell - I’m going to my first class this weekend so hope to absorb LOTS of knowledge and I love this group!!

Hello @Julieg9426 

You can do it Julie! Remember nothing is set in cement until you glue it to the table! Even then you still have a chance to change it until the glue hardens. Don't be afraid to cut tile or glass you've got heaps of chances to try over and over again! Looking forward to your first attempt. Please post your work!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

How was the class @Julieg9426? We'd love to see your work.

Jane

It was great thanks Jane - I’ve finished tiling and grouting and tomorrow I’ll clean it up and post all three photos :smile:

Here’s the stages and the finished bird!

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble adding multiple photos. If you're on a phone, you just need to add them one at a time. It's often a little easier if you add one, then add some text, then add another one. When on a desktop computer you can add as many photos as you like in one go. 

Jane

Hi Jane

Even when trying to upload a photo on my desktop I get this error:

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

I'm using a Mac but that shouldn't matter!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects