Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I make a frame?

ahmadumar
Just Starting Out

How do I make a frame?

I am trying to make a frame but i am not sure how the pole? would fit into the bends or couplings.
I want to build a 180/200cmx150cm frame.

I've found instructions online, but i cant find these parts, some help would be great please.

I would also need some spray paint to make the frame either copper/gold.

Capture.PNG

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: How do I make a frame?

Hi you will find the parts for this in the plumbing aisle at Bunnings. The corner/ joints have flanges on the ends so they slide over the pipe if you are making in copper pipe. Normally a plumber would solder them on. If you are making it out of gal pipe the ends will be threaded on the outside of the ends. The joints will be threaded on the inside so they just screw together.

JDE

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

"I am trying to make a frame"

I google imaged your photo and one site described the project as a mobile wardrobe - coat hangers on the top rail.

If that is the case - then I would want it to be strong - for me, I'd be soldering it - not as hard as it sounds.

If you went with PVC - then glue it. My wife asked me to make a PVC "lawnmower" frame for a nappy cake recently and I thought hand tight insertion of the pipes into the elbows would provide enough rigidness to support whatever she loaded onto it.

Not the case. Glue was needed.

20210505_182550.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ahmadumar. It's fabulous to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about copper pipe.

It's fantastic to see our helpful members are already assisting.

Here's a list of the parts that I've put together:

All these pieces are already made from copper, but if you want a really bright finish, you could use either Dulux 300g Duramax Bright Copper Rose Spray Paint or Dulux 325g Duramax Metallic Spray Paint.

We look forward to seeing your finished project. Please let us know if you have questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ahmadumar,

Let me also extend my personal welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

I thought I'd also check in to see if you know had everything you needed to build your copper frame. Please let us know if you need further assistance. We're here to help.

Looking forward to seeing how your project comes together. Please share some photos when you are done as I'm sure it will inspire others.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects