Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Moldable Glue - supplier of?

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Moldable Glue - supplier of?

I have a use for a product called moldable glue, such as Sugru Moldable Glue & disappointed to see that Bunnings don't supply it. Does anyone know where I can get it, or something similar in Australia, particularly Western Australia?  

I want it to reinforce the connection points where fine wires are subject to movement, such as earphone wires. Any suggestions please? 

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Moldable Glue - supplier of?

That should be a good repair... you've thrown everything at it. Probably as good as, or better than the original covering now.

I still haven't got back to experimenting with how best to work with that stuff. I didn’t explain it clearly in previous comment about it sticking to my fingers ... I meant that the stickiness made it hard to shape it properly, due to it pulling a back when you lift your fingers off it. I will try putting powder on my fingers before using it to see if that helps me shape it better, without unduly effecting the putty.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Moldable Glue - supplier of?

Totally agree @TedBear 

I only use the latex or nitrile gloves to keep this gunk off my flesh - it sticks to naked fingers and is not something user friendly when it comes to shaping.

Off topic - but Liquid Nails "Ultimate Strength" polyurethane glue is another product to keep away from skin.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects