Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recycled timber tabletop Christmas tree

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Recycled timber tabletop Christmas tree

20211202_104959.jpg

20211201_204150.jpg

So we needed a XMAS tree in a hurry at work. I had a fence railings that I'd picked up off a rubbish heap on a build-site near my place. Came up OK and only took an hour or so to make. You can't see it but there's a bit of All-thread in the middle holding it together and a few nyloc nuts. Total build cost - about $8. . Fitted just nicely (about 70cm high x 60cm wide) on the table at work for XMAS presents. Sorry about the terrible pictures - it was a rushed job.   https://www.bunnings.com.au/macsim-m8-x-1-2m-hot-dipped-galvanised-threaded-rod_p2410295  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Quick and easy table-top Christmas tree from rescued fence wood

Hello @robchin

It looks very nicely done despite the rush order. It always makes me smile when there is a bit of Christmas spirit shown at the office. I recommend a little bit of tinsel and some led string lights to complete the display.

Thank you for sharing your easy table-top Christmas tree.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Recycled timber tabletop Christmas tree

This is adorable @robchin !

Right now it has a very cool rustic feel - well done for being rushed!

Katie

tom_builds
Making a Splash

Hey @robchin, great work on the tree!

I took on a similar project last weekend for a bit of fun. Mine is 42 x 19mm DAR pine and 16 dowel, held together by the magic of wood glue.

20211121_100923.jpg

20211121_100828.jpg

Love it, @tom_builds! What a great way to get into the Christmas spirit. Are you planning on painting it or adding any decorations?

Mitchell

Hey @MitchellMc, I'm probably just going to oil it, and attempt to make a star for the top of it - maybe from some tie wire I have sitting in the shed

robchin
Becoming a Leader

Re: Quick and easy table-top Christmas tree from rescued fence wood

I'm a low fuss low decorations sort of guy @EricL and @MitchellMc . In fact - I don't have it anymore. One of my colleagues liked it - so it went home with her. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects