Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Soakers for James Hardie Linea Scion 150 mm weatherboard installation

ironbark
Building a Reputation

Soakers for James Hardie Linea Scion 150 mm weatherboard installation

Hi ,

I'm about to clad my building with JH Linea Scion 150 mm weatherboards.

I want to use the corner soakers that cover the  two adjoining weatherboards.

What size soakers are required for this size of board as I understand the top of the soaker is nailed into the timber corners above and before the next layer of boards are attached? Are these soakers a special order?

Many thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Soakers for James Hardie Linea Scion 150 mm weatherboard installation

Hello @ironbark

According to the installation brochure for the Scyon™ Linea™ Weatherboard. If you're using the 150mm weatherboard, you'll need the same sized soaker. I've not seen the Linea Aluminium Corner Soaker for 150mm wide boards on the Bunnings website. It could be a special order product. Let me double-check for you, and as soon as I have more information, I'll post it here.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ironbark
Building a Reputation

Thanks Eric, appreciate the help. If you are able to determine whether they are available at any other store in the region or if it is a special order item that would be helpful.

Many thanks👷🏠

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @ironbark

I've spoken to our store and James Hardie and the Jh 150mm soaker needs to be ordered from the Special Orders Desk. I've double-checked with their technical department, and they've informed me that if you are getting the 150mm weatherboard, you will need to order the 150mm soaker. My number one tip for this project is to read the installation guide. When you order the soakers, it would be the best time to order the other parts that you will need as well. It sounds like a very interesting project. Any updates you can provide would be much appreciated. 

Here is a handy link to the James Hardie Scyon Linea Weatherboard: Weather Board Installation

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the installation of the JH weatherboards. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ironbark
Building a Reputation

Thanks again Eric, l very much appreciate your help.Cheers🏠👷

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects