Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What tools do I use for use with Carinya Make-A-Brackets

davidjono
Finding My Feet

What tools do I use for use with Carinya Make-A-Brackets

Hi All - I would like to build a structure using Carinya Make-A-Brackets and just wondering what tools I should use to:

a: cut them to size

b: join different brackets together.

Would I be right in saying tinsnips for cutting and a pop rivet gun for joining? If so what size rivets should I use?

Thank you kindly 
Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What tools do I use for use with Carinya Make-A-Brackets

Hello @chansom4444

Having seen the brackets you will use, you are absolutely correct the holes will not line up. I'm so sorry, but there are no left or right-hand pieces for these brackets. I can only suggest to clip the brackets together and mark the one at the bottom and drill new holes for it. I had thought about trimming the pieces with a tin snip, but that would only benefit you one hole lined up. The other three would still be out of alignment.

As an alternative, you can use the Carinya 150 x 40 x 140 x 50 x 1mm L Mending Plate Make-A-Bracket. You can modify this bracket by putting the wider side in a vise or between two pieces of timber and bend one side so it looks like the MABA2441. In this manner, it is already in the configuration that you need.

Have a look and tell me what you think.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What tools do I use for use with Carinya Make-A-Brackets

Thanks @EricL back to the drawing board.  Cheers,  Craig

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects