Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

As I'm nearing the end of our backyard games room project, I had an eclectic assortment of items in my basket during my long weekend trip to Bunnings. There was some magnets for a gate, some wood filler, some paint and a new BBQ spatula.

Looking around at the store, it seemed many people were gearing up for a big weekend of D.I.Y. and gardening projects. There was certainly a wide variety of items in shopping baskets and trolleys.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: What was the last thing you bought at Bunnings?

On Saturday I gave my husband a list of what I needed from Bunnings - most of the items required for spring clean of house and a few things I needed for current projects. Shouldnt have been surprised he missed most of the cleaning products picked up the wrong stuff for the projects and came home with stuff he needed for his projects. Either of us can be trusted to go on our own!!
Mathy
Becoming a Leader

@CHowton  - such a common problem for women who send their partner to Bunnings with a list of stuff they want. I really don’t know why or how this happens 😂 Although I see you’re equally fallible in this regard, meaning, you should take his list in order to get what you want and vice versa, cheers Deb :smile:

My wife refuses to go with me and would rather I give HER a list of what I want and I stay home.
She reckons I spend waaaaay too long looking at stuff that I did not go there for and that I have come home with stuff I didn't intend on getting, too many times.

As for the last thing I bought from Bunnings. Well, my wife did via my list...
2 brass 18mm tap fittings.
Plastic ones were nice and cheap, but 2 snapped at the hose connection point within a week of each other after a year of use.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ha! Many thanks for joining in the discussion @CHowton. Looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand or have something to share. We have loads of clever and creative members sharing amazing creations and helpful advice every day. We're really pleased you could join us. 

Jason

Former Workshop member
Not applicable

Hubby hates hardware stores like poison - except for the now defunct one that started with M. He liked it cuz it was clean. Personally I like a grungy hardware - more likely to find treasures.

Bought rivets, as I couldn't find the right size in the stash - only to find them whilst going through the garage drawers in a place where they aren't supposed to be. We'll never run out! I might have to dream up a creative use for them. Then I saw the hooks to put on colourbond fencing without drilling, then short hanging plant hooks (that I had to bend in the bench vise because they didn't hang straight, lol), and ended up with 2 echeveria, and some pots as well.

$80 later for a $10 packet of rivets. I'm sending us to the poorhouse, lol.

I need to stop going there, but it's 15 mins walk - I need a support group!

4 x Sausage sizzle!
Stephenp
Just Starting Out

Treated pine sleepers for a new garden bed that I am building next to the new verandas down the side of my shed.

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Doing a lock change for someone as he removed an uninvited guest from his house and apart from needing three sets of entrance locks he also found this.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are looking forward to reading more about your garden project @Stephenp. Perhaps you could hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos? You might end up with some helpful suggestions from our clever and creative community.

Thanks for joining in the discussion on Workshop. We are really pleased to have you join us. 

Jason

Mathy
Becoming a Leader

@Brad Thanks for that info on the Swann Video Doorbell - I have a pair of rear roller doors and no gate, and not many clues as to how people can let me know they’ve arrived. This would be perfect, and quite reasonably priced! Cheers Deb :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects