Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What would you like help with?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

What would you like help with?

The Bunnings team is considering hosting live events here on Workshop so you can get help and inspiration for your projects. The events would also be an opportunity to have some fun with the Workshop community. DIY-Live-Pos-2Col_1170px.png

We're keen to know what kinds of topics you might like to see covered in a future live video event. 

Perhaps there's a project you've seen on the site that you'd love to see brought to life? Or some tools and techniques you'd love to learn? Or the opportunity to ask an expert about a specific topic? Let us know by replying below. 

We're looking forward to your requests and suggestions.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What would you like help with?

I'd like to see some high-end premium range products in action, showcasing their features and benefits, specifically the finish achieved using them. I've been contemplating investing in the Makita 1430W 255mm Slide Compound Mitre Saw, seeing it in action would likely illustrate why it's superior to an Ozito 210mm 1600W 8¼" Compound Mitre Saw. Of course, this could be demonstrated whilst bringing a project to life. 

I'll be looking forward to the live events no matter what they entail.

Mitchell

Juli
Growing in Experience

How to build an outdoor pizza oven.

How to build a brazier. 
How to fix a door that sheeting has come off. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Juli. It's a pleasure to have you join us.

Those are some fantastic suggestions you've made there; I'm sure they would interest many of our members. Are these projects that you are considering in the near future?

We look forward to hearing all about your projects around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you need any assistance or would like to share them with us. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration in the community as our creative members contribute their projects here every day.

Mitchell

pepsp
Having an Impact

Hi @Jason. For me it would be things that improve my knowledge and skills like:

- setting up a home workshop including dust extraction and basic work benches 

- woodworking basics especially working with a router, joining timber and also planing wood joins smooth with the right hand plane 

- getting angled cuts perfect for architraves and skirting boards

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Some brilliant suggestions there @pepsp! I could certainly do with brushing up my basic woodworking skills too.

Many thanks for sharing some great ideas.

Mitchell

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for your feedback @pepsp and @Juli. Much appreciated.

Keen to hear from members like @Peggers@Tara86@diy_hausdesigns and @Noyade.

Please keep the suggestions coming. 

Jason

Prawns
Becoming a Leader

some nailgun comparisons / explanations of different kinds / what nails they use / features good to have on them (battery vs pneumatic comparison too be nice)

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@Jason absolutely LOVE this idea!! I remember we discussed similar things to this awhile ago. Having live events allows members to interact in real time, ask questions while attempting to follow demonstrations. Find solutions to problems they encounter. The workshop has so many talented members providing a wide range of experience. 
My suggestions would be some ‘back to basics’ topics. Learning the different type of screws, timbers - using the correct one for the job.
How to use hand/power tools correctly. 
Handy tips - cut straight, checking corners etc.
@pepsp  I would also love to learn more about these topics.  Once my garage is rebuilt I’m hoping to set up a dust extraction system !!

Cheers Tara

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many thanks for the feedback @Tara86 and @Prawns, much appreciated. I've shared it with the team. 

Please keep the comments coming.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects