Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shower basin floor peeling

nashanb
Just Starting Out

Shower basin floor peeling

Our shower floor recently started peeling off recently. I managed to snap this picture after I peeling most of it off as I figured what ever that needs to be done to fix would need it removed.

Unsure why it happened. I had recently bought this house so might have been a diy job done right before the house was bought.

What could be done to fix this? I assume its not as simple as priming and repainting this is it? And would it be a DIY job or a professional job?

20210801_200259.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shower basin floor peeling

Hello @nashanb

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about your shower tray.

I suspect that the former owner of the house tried to paint the shower tray. It is not a recommended procedure as paint does not last long on shower trays. If you wish to change your shower tray assembly, you will have to engage the services of a registered plumber. The plumber will offer you choices on replacement and repair. You can then shop around for the best deal on shower accessories for your shower renovation. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your shower repaired.

Here is a link to one of our featured projects: Bathroom transformation with open shower by @Justlucky2k2

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to plan a bathroom renovation

Let me tag our experienced members @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects