Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The laundry project

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

The laundry project

The laundry project - ongoing 

Top cabinets complete 

IMG_20210207_174716_300.jpg

We recently decided to upgrade our laundry. Originally we wanted to knock it down and move it into another section of our home but the alternative of upgrading the space is more feasable at the moment. 

IMG_2220.jpg

This project is likely to take a few months due to other commitments but here is some progress so far.

Before.

20210116_123406.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2172(1).jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2188(1).jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

More to come...

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: The laundry project

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rubytuesday1953. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

It looks like the talented @diy_hausdesigns is single-handedly creating a trend surrounding inBuilt 16mm 1800 x 595mm Natural Wood Melamine Colourboard. Their projects are certainly garnering a lot of attention within the community.

I'm sure @diy_hausdesigns can provide some more details, but it looks like the construction is fairly straightforward. I'll include some images below of how it appears to have gone together. You'll need four lengths cut to the same length as the width of the gap. These will be the top and bottom, plus the two rear panels. Cut two lengths 32mm less than the previous boards, as these will be the shelves that fit internally. You'll cut two boards for the side panels 32mm less than the required overall height of which you would like to build the unit. All panels then need to be cut to suit the depth at which you'd like the wall unit to be.

The panels can be screwed together with Zenith 10G x 50mm Zinc Plated Countersunk Head Wood Screws. You'll find the P&N 4 Piece Quickbit Pilot Drill / Countersink Bit Set really helpful at pre-drilling and countersinking your holes simultaneously.

Please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @rubytuesday1953 

Thanks for the appreciation. 

@MitchellMc has 'nailed it' 100%. It is fairly simple to put together. The rear panels provide good bracing making it quite sturdy and easy to fix to the studs.

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_20210207_111045_229.jpg

Have fun with it 🙂

----

Thanks heaps @MitchellMc

They don't appear to be too complicated to make. 

Sure come out looking fancy though.

Cudos to @diy_hausdesigns 

@diy_hausdesigns 

Just love those shelves. They look very unique and add a great touch to the area

Just another quick question @MitchellMc 

Even though the natural wood  looks good we're going for a black & white theme.

Can this wood be painted and if so, do you have to use special paint?

Rob

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

OMG !!!! Look at that space. Love it @diy_hausdesigns 😍 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @rubytuesday1953,

What colour do you want to paint the laminate shelving? You'll be pleased to know that these boards come in various other colours and styles, including white, black, arabica and driftwood. If you did want to paint the laminate, a product such as White Knight 1L Satin Accent Renew Tile And Laminate Paint can be tinted to thousands of colours for you. The timber @diy_hausdesigns has used is actually chipboard which is laminate coated with a very convincing timber grain print. 

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

That's great Mitchell,

I thought it only came in wood grain. One less thing to paint. Winning!!! 😁

Rob

PS. Well POOP. Just looked at the Bunnings website. No stock of the Black in any of the Gold Coast stores. Just my luck

Thanks @mich1972 ! Very happy with the final outcome !

----

I apologise for the out of stock product @rubytuesday1953. That product is actually 595mm wide, and @diy_hausdesigns has likely used the 295mm wide version. There is stock available of the inBuilt 16mm 1800 x 295mm Black Texture Melamine Colourboard in the Gold Coast stores.

After the weekend, I'll contact the stores to see if we can organise some inBuilt 16mm 1800 x 595mm Black Texture Melamine Colourboard via our special orders for you if you wanted to build a deeper unit.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects