Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

The laundry project

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

The laundry project

The laundry project - ongoing 

Top cabinets complete 

IMG_20210207_174716_300.jpg

We recently decided to upgrade our laundry. Originally we wanted to knock it down and move it into another section of our home but the alternative of upgrading the space is more feasable at the moment. 

IMG_2220.jpg

This project is likely to take a few months due to other commitments but here is some progress so far.

Before.

20210116_123406.jpg

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2172(1).jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2188(1).jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2208.jpg

More to come...

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
tremas
Building a Reputation

Re: The laundry project

Hi @MitchellMc 

If I get the P&N 4 Piece Quickbit Pilot Drill / Countersink Bit Set - is that ready to go in the drill or does it need some sort of adapter?

Given Victoria can't get into Bunnings right now I need to be strategic with my online order!

Will also be giving manual cutting with a hand saw a go - wondering if something like this might help or if there's something better? 

Thanks

Sarah

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Sarah (@tremas),

That countersink bit will fit in any standard drill and is ready to go.

The guide is designed to be used with a circular saw as the plate on the saw rides up against the guide. If you're using a manual saw, the teeth will be hard up against the aluminium guide. This could work, but you might be better off clamping a straight piece of timber to your workpiece instead. When cutting a line with a handsaw there's really no better way to get a straight cut than to take your time and pay particular attention to the blade wandering off the line. As soon as it starts to wander, direct it back to the line. It's when you rush and allow the blade to wander too much that you end up with a wonky cut.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
tremas
Building a Reputation

The Flexi storage shelves worked very well! 

20210606_154939.jpg

Hi @diy_hausdesigns

Was wondering, if you get some free time, would you be able to give me all the measurements for the shelving unit you put in

your new laundry area (I just love those shelves)

I know I can make it to my own measurements, but I just want to get a feel for the sizing.

I think you said you used the 295cm wide Inbuilt shelf pieces

Rob @rubytuesday1953

Hi @rubytuesday1953 

Yes, you are correct. They were the 295mm panels and the drawings @MitchellMc provided were spot on. Here are the additional main dimensions so the proportions are the same as mine. I'm more visual so I've just drawn a sketch. Hope it helps 🙂

20210620_211613.jpg

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Thank you so much @diy_hausdesigns for taking the time to do this for me. Very much appreciated

Rob

Hey @diy_hausdesigns 

Was looking at your Laundry Reno AGAIN.

Did you use the Flatpax Utility 600mm 2 Door Wall Cupboard or equivalent from Bunnings?

If so, how did you find them?

I was looking at using Kaboodle cupboards but they're quite expensive ($540 all up compared to $238 all up) just for the laundry

Yours look guite good though

Rob @rubytuesday1953 

Hello Rob(@rubytuesday1953)

I recommend using our latest app: Bunnings Product Finder App. Once you've downloaded it on your phone, it will give you the location and also tell you if the item is in stock. You can also tell me which local store is close to you and I can have them put one aside for you. 

If you need further assistance with finding other products please let me know.

Eric

Thanks for the info Eric, but I think you may have misunderstood my question.

I know where I can get the items, I just want to know which ones @diy_hausdesigns  used

Rob @rubytuesday1953 

Hi Rob(@rubytuesday1953)

My apologies for the miscommunication. Let me tag @diy_hausdesigns so that they are made aware of your question. Do you have the same amount of wall space? We would love to see your remodeling project.

If we can offer advice or information on your current project please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects