Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dust extractor/collector for Table saw

itsme_prasoon
New Contributor

Dust extractor/collector for Table saw

Hi,

I have an Ozito (2000W 254MM) table saw. Please advise on what kind of dust extractor/collector will be best suited. Is connecting a vacuum a good idea?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Prasoon

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Dust extractor/collector for Table saw

Hello @itsme_prasoon

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about a suitable dust collector for your Ozito table saw.

Congratulations on getting a new table saw. Nothing feels quite like getting a new tool for the shop and giving it a test run. Getting a dust extractor is one of the best ways to contain sawdust from spreading in your work area. I recommend the Ozito 1250W 20L Stainless Wet And Dry Vacuum, the fittings included are compatible with your table saw. It's a great multi-purpose vacuum cleaner and comes in a 35l size should you want a larger storage bin.

Please keep us updated with your progress. We look forward to seeing your first project from your table saw.

Here is a handy link: How to stay safe during D.I.Y. projects by @Adam_W

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks a lot, Eric. It helps.

Razzer
Junior Contributor

Gday @itsme_prasoon 

Any wet and dry Vac will do, just as long as its got a large enough storage bin. I used to have a small dust extractor and it did an awesome job, plus didnt have to empty the bags as often. I have upgraded to a 2 stage dust extraction unit, as I now have a few big tools in the shed. Its better to have a unit that can do the job easily rather then just able to do the job. Plus it all comes down to your budget and how much space you want it to take up.

From

Razzer

r23on
Valued Contributor

Hi @itsme_prasoon 

As suggested any wet and dry vac will do the job, However I would look at a good unit which has a very good capacity as you will use it all over the place. another suggestion is to included a cyclone dust collection which will save you a lot of money in the long run.

Razzer called his system a two stage and at a guess he has a cyclone dust collection. There are heaps of YouTube videos on them and if your keen to build your own here is a video on how to build and all components can be obtained from Bunnings

your choice of vac will be controlled by how much you want to spend. If you don’t want to build it the cyclone collectors you can obtained them from ebay carbatec timbecon etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8jXS8Fjh8 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects