Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

My lockdown shed build

Starkers_17
Having an Impact

My lockdown shed build

Jason_0-1652417276082.jpeg

In January 2020, I had the slab laid for my shed. The intention was to have my mates help me get this built over the next 12 months.

I had a big delivery of the steel, timber, and roof sheets turned up in early March, and I was ready to go. Then Covid happened, and I ended up having to do it all myself, except for the plumbing and electrical.

It took 2 and a bit years, but I got there.

IMG_1763.jpeg  I did a test fit to make sure there were no surprises once I was assembling it on the posts. Each of the black rafters was 120kgI did a test fit to make sure there were no surprises once I was assembling it on the posts. Each of the black rafters was 120kgWith the frame up and the roof on it was time to clad the outside.With the frame up and the roof on it was time to clad the outside.  Finally finished and ready to start getting stuck into some projects.Finally finished and ready to start getting stuck into some projects.I can avoid having to go inside dirty and dusty.I can avoid having to go inside dirty and dusty.  I'm looking forward to working in this space and getting stuck into the projects I promised I'd get done once I had a shed.I'm looking forward to working in this space and getting stuck into the projects I promised I'd get done once I had a shed.

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: My lockdown shed build

Far out look at all of the workspace !!! This is great !!!!!  Very lucky to have a large backyard to build it @Starkers_17  😊

Thanks, @mich1972. Yep, I'm pretty lucky.

What a sensational build, @Starkers_17! You must be over the moon with it.

I'm keen to hear more about how you'll use this space. It looks very functional at the moment, but are you considering fitting it out? With that amount of wall space, I can only imagine the trophy wall of tools you could create. Also, what's the white cabinetry down the end? It almost looks like archival sliding storage.

I can't wait to see what you do next, and many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc, I mostly build furniture with Timber and steel. Yes, they are the old compactice units from my office when we went digital with all the paperwork and were going to throw them out. Like many people I've always struggled to keep my tools in the correct place, so I've put cheap MDF drawers in them to at least have "a place for everything". The idea will be I'll start to build wall cabinets to organise the tools even better, I just want to spend a year or so making sure the set-up works for me as I build projects.

IMG_0736.jpeg

Is there an envy emoji? 😔

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

For me the best part is having your own bathroom that goes from being in an industrial area to something you'd see in many modern homes. Love it. 

Remarka6le
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I believe this would be appropriate @Noyade.

MitchellMc_1-1652483427918.png

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Ahh...yes. He's salivating? Drooling?

Or he has an incompetent gag reflex. :smile:

theparlourroom
Having an Impact

@Starkers_17 

Wow, that is a thing of beauty!! What an amazing large space, and those huge windows are fantastic. Often sheds can be really dark. “She’s” doesn’t do this building justice! The compactus are such a great idea. I never would have thought of using them! Absolutely brilliant. Well done. I can’t imagine how you did that yourself. You must be incredibly proud. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects