Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

New shed flooring

Daves880
Cultivating a Following

New shed flooring

Particleboard.png

Hi again guys, I am engaged in building a new shed and have chosen to mount it on treated pallets (?).

I need suitable flooring and had thought H3/4 plywood? The problem is the cost!

Can anyone offer advice? There must be a cheaper solution I hope.

I see in shed sales yards sheds on pallets but unless you purchase the shed from them they are tight lipped!

Thanks for any and all comments, Dave

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: New shed flooring

Hi @Daves880,

I've moved your post to make a new discussion so it is more easily seen by community members. Hopefully some Workshop users with flooring experience like @PJA will be able to assist.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

@Daves880

I don't really understand what you mean.  Do you want to lay pallets on the ground and fix the shed to them, or making the shed walls out of pallets?

I tried to search for this and couldn't find anything.

If these are just for the floor, treated pine decking may be an option but depends on area.  I am guessing that concrete is out of the question?

Cheers

Daryl

Best I can come up with.

https://www.1001pallets.com/pallet-building/pallet-flooring/

I am going with a steel sub floor with Ekodeck as the site for my shed is neither level or dry. Pallet bearer spacing isn't great which anyone who has put their foot through a pallet top would know.
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

I used Structafloor (waterproof particle board flooring) for an area along the side of my carport where I have my Miter Saw setup. The end of this is subject to rain and weather and has stood up very well for over 4 seasons. I think it cost about $35 for a sheet 900mm x 3000mm. It also features yellow tongue strip to join to another adjoining sheet.
Wood Working with Wayne
Wayne
Becoming a Leader

RenoQueen
Making a Splash

I don't think you can go past putting down a concrete base. Not very difficult!

Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

Timber or laminate flloring with underlay is a bit kinder on your feet than concrete.

Daves880
Cultivating a Following

Hi Daryl and thanks for your reply. I understand your confusion having reread my post, I intend to use the pallets as a foundation for the shed, however I need to cover them with suitable ply or similar (even looking at cement fibre), and I will build the shed on top. Does this clarify it a bit? Thanks because I am struggling:grin:

Daves880
Cultivating a Following

Thanks very much Wayne! I had never even considered it, will be looking tomorrow. May I ask where you ordered it? TVM again, Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects