Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Ricochet
Getting Established

Ozito cordless battery compatibility

Hi.   I have just bought an Ozito 12v cordless drill.  Could I use the battery from that in an Ozito 18v Circular saw or other Ozito power tool.

sun
Just Starting Out

Ozito PXC 18V Grass Trimmer Kit

Ozito PXC 18V Grass Trimmer Kit with 2ah battery

Instead of 2ah battery can I use 4ah battery ?

IMG_20220528_194826.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ozito PXC 18V Grass Trimmer Kit

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @sun. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about the Ozito cordless grass trimmer.

You'll be pleased to know that this unit accepts all Power X-change batteries. So if you have a Power X-change branded 4ah battery, it will work on this machine.

We look all about your projects and plans around the house and garden. Please reach out anytime you need assistance or have something to share.

Please let us know if you have more questions or need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
david6
Just Starting Out

Metabo radio compatible with Ozito battery?

Hi team member 

I have recently brought a Metabo digatil workplace radio and wass just wondering if you can advise me on .weather an ozito 18 v battery is compatable with it  thank you

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Metabo radios

Hello @david6

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's magnificent to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your Metabo radio. 

One of the best things that Metabo did with their battery design is that they've kept its form factor, which means that a new battery will still work with an old Metabo tool. However, the Ozito battery and the Metabo battery may look similar, but that's as far as it goes. I don't recommend testing an Ozito battery into the Metabo radio for the fact that the polarity and functionality of the pins are differently laid out. 

Forcing the Ozito battery into the Metabo radio slot could result in either the radio being damaged or the battery shorting out. A good investment option would be to consider getting a Metabo 18V 1 Piece Cordless Brushless Combo Kit. When you consider that if you were to purchase these items individually, it would cost a great deal more. Whereas in this kit form you get two batteries and the charger plus the drill included.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

ozito
Just Starting Out

can i used my 18 volt ozito drill battery on my 18 volt ozito mower

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: can i used my 18 volt ozito drill battery on my 18 volt ozito mower

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ozito. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about battery compatibility.

The battery will be compatible if the drill and mower are both from the PXC series. If you can show us some images of the drill, mower and battery, our knowledgeable members will be able to confirm whether the battery is interchangable.

Mitchell

tando82
Just Starting Out

ozito batteries

Just wondering if the ozito pxc batteries will fit into other ozito tools ie: whipper snipper. I have the base model and find that the battery dies pretty quick and am looking for a upgrade.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ozito batteries

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tando82. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ozito battery compatibility.

All PXC series batteries will work will all PXC series tools. If your whipper snipper is a PXC version, then the PXC batteries will work in it. If you have the Ozito 18V Cordless Grass Trimmer Kit or similar base model, I'd recommend you speak with the Special Orders team at your nearest Bunnings to order a suitable additional battery or consider upgrading to a PXC series line trimmer. Once you've purchased a tool and battery in the PXC series, you'll know everything else in that series is compatible.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

wwoman68
Just Starting Out

ozitu battery

Can you also use the ozitu battery for the blower/ edger combo and vice versa in the ozitu lawnmower?? thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ozitu battery

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @wwoman68. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ozito battery compatibility.

The battery will be compatible if the blower/edger combo kit and mower are both from the PXC series. If you can show us some images of the blower/edger, mower and battery, our knowledgeable members will be able to confirm whether the battery is interchangeable.

They're compatible if it's this combo and one of these mowers.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects