Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sliding drop saw cabinet

Razzer
Having an Impact

Sliding drop saw cabinet

Here is a build that I did in my garage. It is made mainly out of 18mm MDF. I have attached a before and after photo. The vertical draws are to hold 1lt paint/stain cans. It has plenty of storage.

20180617_194330.jpg

20160423_164030.jpg

20180421_153939.jpg

20180430_193958.jpg20180506_173054.jpg20180603_132143.jpg20180506_173104.jpg20180616_194212.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sliding drop saw cabinet

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Razzer. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for sharing your project.

That's a serious setup you've created yourself there, I'm very impressed and a bit jealous. Did you use Formply for the draws instead of the MDF?

We look forward to seeing what projects you create on your new setup and I trust you'll find loads of inspiration for them from within the community. Please let us know anytime you have something to share with our members or if you require any assistance on one of your projects.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yes I used the NON structural formply for the draws and ply for the draw bases. The draw fronts are MDF with 2 coats of High build spray putty, sanded smooth and then 3 coats of gloss black. It came out super smooth and might have to much shine for the garage.

r23on
Amassing an Audience

great job looks a well planed 

mcandrew
Getting Established

Awesome! Where did you get the T-track?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @mcandrew. Let me tag @Razzer so he is alerted to your question about hte T-track. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We're here to help.

Jason

Gday mcandrew, I got the T-track from Hare and Forbes. Think it was about $30 for 1.2m piece, so I got 2. Pretty easy to install with a router.

Tara86
Amassing an Audience

@Razzer Wow I absolutely love this!! What a fantastic project. So many uses and has helped reorganise your garage space aswell. Great job!!!

Netorius
Getting Established

Razzer - this is an awsome setup - well done! 

Tell me what are the 6 vertical sliders on either side of the dropsaw? How do you use them? I need to do something similar, so other people's successes are always a good guide!

Thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Netorius,

Many thanks for joining in the discussion. We're really pleased to have you in the Bunnings Workshop community. Let me tag @Razzer so he is alerted to your question about the vertical sliders. 

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden. I'd also be more than happy to receive any feedback about how we might improve Workshop so it's even more useful to you.

Welcome,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects