Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Thoughts on Ozito tools?

woodenwookie
Making a Splash

Thoughts on Ozito tools?

Hi all,

I'm sort of an intermediate amatuer woodworker and have been using a Black and Decker Matrix drill driver for a number of years. I recently purchased an Ozito Line Trimmer and Blower combo from Bunnings and then after purchasing that got the battery and charger pack with the 4.0mAh battery because the charger that comes with the kit was super slow. I really like this kit and it has done a stellar job of dismantling the weeds we've accumulated due to weather stopping us getting to them. 🤣😇

Due to my use of pocket holes in a number of projects and the fact that Little Woodie stole my Ozito Screwdriver I ended up getting the 18V Impact Driver Skin and I really like it.

My Matrix is getting a little long in the tooth and is still on the original batteries (over 6 years old now) but I've also built up quite a collection of heads for it and most get used often but I'm finding the drill to be a little under powered. So I'm thinking of getting the Brushless Hammer Drill skin to take the drilling load off. Is it a reasonable drill for the range it sits in? I'm finding that I needed to go to the hammer drill attachment in order to get cleaner pocket holes but they're still a bit manky and I noticed the Ozito one spins faster still so maybe that'll be cleaner still.

While I don't have much need for the hammer drill ability I find it has been needed to hang a couple of things in my workshop where one wall is concrete block.

I actually have a very real need to go cordless because currently I'm running a 25m extension lead to my workshop to get power into it (long story but my wife decided the sleepout was going to be her office which incidentally has just ended up being the junk room). I like the Ozito stuff and while the higher end brands would be nice frankly I can neither afford them nor can I use them to their fullest (in fact the drills from say Milwaukee and DeWalt actually kind of hurt my wrist which was damaged in a motorcycle crash a few years ago).

I know these questions get asked all the time and they are relative but I'd like to hear how others get on. So far for me the use has been positive but I just need a little reassurance that the investment will be worth it.

Thanks folks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Thoughts on Ozito tools?

Welcome to the Workshop community @SalBay.

It's great to have you join us and fantastic to see you jump straight into the conversation with some valuable feedback on Ozito products for our members. Let me mention @woodenwookie so they are alerted to your responce.

We look forward to hearing more about your projects and trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community for your own home and garden. If you ever need some assistance or have a project to share with the community please let us know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I've only really become active in gardening and DIY in the last year or so and have a lot to learn. 

I'd love a garage full of premium tools, but while I am learning and also having to work on a tight budget, I'm finding Ozito tools great value for money.

They are at a nice price point for a budget conscious person such as myself.

My Ozito petrol chainsaw is still working as good as the day I bought it a couple of years ago.

I've just bought an Ozito Reciprocating Saw and I love it. 

It feels very solid and is performing well.

Once the blades are looking to be replaced, I think I'll look at the Diablo Carbide blades and although they cost a tad more, they look like they will last a very long time and pair well with the Ozito Reciprocating Saw, turning it into a bit of a beast.

Rustnot
Just Starting Out

Be careful buying Ozito tools

Hi there fellow consumers

I will never buy any OZITO products after being informed that, spare parts, for a   a Chainsaw, a mere 2 yrs old, were unable to be obtained .

I have 3x these 254 petrol Models, but was advised a simple primer bulb( refer Pic) is unavailable, I am livid with the response, my advise stick to the reputable brands and stay away form this Bunning badged Junk, You will regret it, furthermore the five(5) yrs warranty is a farce, and marketing know that this dream will never be fulfilled, as mot people do not retain receipts, for that long, Bottom line their products are not worthy an investment, unless you have a temporary, use, then bin the product. another piece of  JUNK 20200622_164535.jpg20200622_164540.jpg

In other words this is a throwaway item sponsored by Bunnings

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Be careful buying Ozito tools

Hi @Rustnot,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and many thanks for joining in the discussion.

My apologies for the trouble you have had accessing spare parts for your Ozito chainsaw. I have contacted Ozito on your behalf and expect a prompt resolution. I have sent you a private message requesting your contact details and your nearest Bunnings store so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Apologies again for any inconvenience caused, we look forward to resolving the problem for you.

Mitchell

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello Rustnot.

That's an interesting story. I don't recognise that top photo priming pump? But I certainly do with the bottom photo. I purchased that chainsaw around three years ago and I remember at the time it was on "promotion" for $110 and I accepted the fact it had a limited warranty for 12 months.

I knew I was buying at the lower end of the market - and I did have trouble with it (hemorrhaged oil). It was replaced under Bunnings warranty and I had no more issues since. However, yours looks like it's done a lot more work than mine.

Oddly, they disappeared off the shelves 12 month later and I asked a Bunnings employee why. They told me at the time, Bunnings had requested a lower price from Ozito who couldn't comply so Bunnings no longer stocked them. However I saw the other day they are now back on the shelves.

For a laugh - I rang Ozito a few minutes ago and got the same story - but they also said "we are not 100% sure if we will be stocking spare parts for this chainsaw - but ring again in 24 hrs for a further update". They also said I was the second caller this morning to inquire about this spare part!

I'm wondering if Ozito is steering away from 2-stroke chainsaws to concentrate on battery power? Seems to be the trend for manufacturers in the DIY category?

Even if the budget is low, it still pays to look around the Bunnings store first, before running to the Ozito section.

I noticed this Bosch jigsaw in an obscure clearance section for only $49 - which I quickly snapped up.

Again, is this another case of dispensing with corded tools and restocking with battery powered equivalents?

I love it.I love it.

ozito  , there a good honest tool , great price and do the job, its all horses for courses , ozito a great tool for the beginers and novice , thats the market they aim at. Dont expect to get a professional tool at cheap price is what i say.

dirtygardener
Building a Reputation

I love my Ozito battery chainsaw and my electric mulcher. They do the job for me and were affordable. I have just bought a pole pruner to add to my battery range. If it's as good as the other tools I'll be happy.

mswart1
Finding My Feet

Hey mate, I never used to like the ozito tools and would often go with Ryobi, however recently I had an uncle helping build a shed and had brought over a few of his tools to assist while I was using my old ryobi he had recently purchased a new ozito cordless drill. I can say it out did my ryobi by far. I have since bought one myself aswell as a circular saw, router and router table and I can say they are fantastic. Yes not as f as ncy as the other over priced brands. But definitely do a great job. Needless to say I won't be buying ryobi anymore. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mswart1.

It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for joining in the discussion. It's great to hear your valuable feedback on Ozito tools and I trust the community appreciates the firsthand experience. We look forward to hearing more about the projects around your house and garden and I'm sure you'll receive loads of inspiration for them from the community. Please let us know if you ever need assistance or if you have a project to share.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects