Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
siti
Just Starting Out

Where can I find free pallet?

Hi, I am looking for free pallets for my cat house... I live in Warwick farm Sydney ...

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Where can I find free pallet?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @siti. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

Your best bet is to contact your local Bunnings store to see what's available, as the free pallets can be a hot commodity. Bunnings Hoxton Park have plenty of pallets that we'd be more than happy for you to pick up. They go fairly quickly, so if your visit is delayed, please call ahead to ensure a sufficient quantity is available.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

where to get free pallets

I’m wanting to know where to get free pallets I’m located in Rothwell (Brisbane)

Re: where to get free pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @shaymarree. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about acquiring free pallets.

Your best bet is through your local Bunnings store. Bunnings Rothwell has several pallets there at the moment, which you are welcome to pick up. However, it's always best to give the store a quick call before you head in to confirm some are there

What are you planning on making with them? Check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects if you're looking for some inspiration. We'll be looking forward to seeing what you create.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

jgsaau
Getting Established

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Bunnings in the north of Adel. SA used to leave pallets outside of the store.

Recently they have stopped and I'm wondering why ?

TIA

Re: Looking for Free Pallets.

Ended up buying some building wood and other bits and pieces and made from scratch. Folds down for easy transportation and setup, as well we put it on wheels

IMG20220728145921.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do you find free pallets?

Hello @jgsaau

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us and thank you for sharing your question about pallet availability.

There could be any number of reasons the store has decided to stop putting pallets outside. They could be using it for deliveries, they could be using it for in-store use. My best suggestion is to call the store itself and ask if the free pallets are still available. I've just been in contact with Bunnings Adelaide and unfortunately, none are available.

Pallet projects are very popular with D.I.Y. enthusiasts. It could be that these pallets are getting picked up as soon as they are available. If you're planning on building a pallet project, please make sure to post an update. I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you're building.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular pallet projects.

We look forward to seeing your pallet project.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Kylie95

Thank you very much for posting your photo backdrop project. I'm sure @KatieC will be keen to see the final product. The ability to fold away and roll away is handy if you use this display quite often. I can only imagine how difficult it would be if this was transported as one solid piece. 

Again, thank you for sharing your photo backdrop project.

Eric

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I love your project @Kylie95!!! Such a fun design and the neon sign is just splendid. I am sure this photo wall will be very popular. 

Katie

Re: Where can I find free pallets?

Facebook Marketplace. There are sooooo many listed there!

I have a few I need to get rid of but I'm in Melbourne sorry. Not sure I'll even be able to get rid of mine there are so many free ones out there. 

Good luck

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects