Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Where to find free pallets?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Where to find free pallets?

Pallet.pngMost Bunnings stores will happily provide you with free pallets whenever they are available. Just speak to one of the helpful team members in the Timber Yard at your local store and they will be able to point you in the right direction.

To avoid disappointment, we always recommend to give the store a call before visiting to ensure they have supply. 

Pallets come in a variety of shapes and sizes. 

Clever and creative Bunnings Workshop members have used recycled pallet timber in a wide variety of different projects. For ideas and inspiration, check out our Top 10 most popular pallet projects

Our How-to section also includes several pallet projects with full step-by-step instructions, Guides include:

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Free Wood Pallets

Hi People,

I have a UNI assignment coming up and I wanted to check if anyone knows if Bunnings still offers free wood pallets for pick up. 

(Alexandria & Randwick).

Thank you all.

Regards.

Pat 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Free Wood Pallets

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Pat @PVSGOMES. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question about free pallets.

They're becoming a hot commodity these days and don't last long after we receive them. Currently Bunnings Alexandria has all there scrap pallets picked up by a recycling company and Bunnings Randwick is in-between orders and has none available. I'd be happy to contact your next closest store if you'd like.

Mitchell

Hi Mitch,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Would you be kind to see if any other store on my behalf?

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Patric Gomes

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @PVSGOMES (Patric)

My colleague @MitchellMc is currently on a break and will be back on Friday. However, I'll be more than happy to make pallet inquiries for you in the surrounding area. As soon as I have more information, I'll post it here straight away.

Eric

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @PVSGOMES (Patric)

I've just been in contact with Bunnings Eastgardens, Rose Bay, and Rockdale which are the three closest stores to Bunnings Alexandria. They currently have an adequate supply of free pallets. They did mention that if you are planning to pick some up, not to wait too long as D.I.Y. enthusiasts get them as soon as they are available. At the moment Bunnings Rockdale has the largest amount of free pallets. We look forward to seeing your pallet project.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Hi @EricL 

Thanks a lot for your assistance.

I will visit the Bunnings rockdale in the next couple of days.

Appreciate your help and I will sharing the project once it is completed indeed. :smile:

Regards,

Patric Gomes

How to source free pallets

Hello,

I’ve been working on a food garden and am super keen to put together a basic three bay compost system in the yard using around 8 untreated pallets.

Ive seen some older posts about getting free pallets from Bunnings and thought I’d give my local store at North Penrith a call. They said the best option is to go in person on a weekend but I’m not really able to do that as I’m avoiding going out due to multiple Covid vulnerabilities. I’m wondering if anyone else has been able to source free untreated pallets to be delivered if they couldn’t actually go on site to see/pick them up?

It’s an awkward situation so any suggestions are most welcome and thanks for your time!

best,

m

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to source free pallets

Hello @msim9803

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for your question about free pallets.

I've contacted the two closest stores to Bunnings North Penrith which is Minchinbury and Blacktown. Unfortunately only the Minchinbury store has pallets to give away at the moment. Being a Friday I'm afraid most of the D.I.Y. enthusiasts have picked up pallets for their projects. Let me reach out to you through PM private messaging so that I can provide you with further assistance.

Eric

Re: How to source free pallets

Thank you - I’m in no hurry so any help you can give would be wonderful.

many thanks!

Re: Free Pallet

Are all of the pallets treated? At the Majura Park Bunnings they said that some are chemically treated and the others are not treated. I thought that all pallets had to be treated? I want heat treated pallets. Thanks so much!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects