Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What type of lawn mower should I get?

Shane
Having an Impact

What type of lawn mower should I get?

I’ve just bought my first house and need to invest in a lawn mower. We have an average sized backyard and there’s also some grass out the front but my needs are pretty modest. I have no idea what to look for. Can anyone give me some advice? I’m particularly confused on the benefits/drawbacks of 2-stroke versus 4-stroke. And are electric mowers now worth considering?

bd304a65-f76b-4aaa-98da-c4b88bb61335.jpg

Maggie24
Growing in Experience

Re: What type of lawn mower should I get?

Hi Deanna,

Good to hear that someone else went for an Ozito electric lawnmower from Bunnings too.  I love mine.  I wear the extension cord as a fashion item - draped across my shoulders!  I did think about a battery operated mower, but this little mower won me over.

Happy mowing, Maggie

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Maggie24

Let me tag @Deanna to make them aware of your kind comments. Battery technology and capacity have come a long way since it first started. Battery-powered mowers start at 18V all the way up to 58V and higher. They are now built to handle almost any lawn condition. 

It's great that you've found an electric mower that's right for you and your lawn. However, if you ever decide to upgrade your mower, please let us know. Our members will be more than happy to provide you with advice and information.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

On the subject of lawnmowers.

This Rover was purchased 21 years ago and still going strong.

It has a battery starter - so there is a battery involved. 👍

20220505_093521.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects