Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cosmetic kitchen reno

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Cosmetic kitchen reno

We've been working on our kitchen over the last 6+ months. We managed to get the following done

Painting the cabinets,

Adding more cabinetry,

New appliances,

New benchtop

Painted the tile splashback

Added some trim to the cabinets (repainted)

So it's somewhat now 'complete' 

20210403_220155.jpg

20210403_220132.jpg

Before 

20200125_140659.jpg

20200125_140647.jpg

It's truly made cooking such a delight and the space feels much bigger and brighter 

Cheers all.

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
micheleBB
Cultivating a Following

Re: Cosmetic Kitchen Reno

Looks good! Well done. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What an exceptional project @diy_hausdesigns! I love the benchtops you've gone with, and the gold handles add some delightful pizzazz. Those cabinets have come up spectacularly well; the trim also looks fantastic.

Many thanks for sharing and showing our community members some great ways to refresh their own kitchens. Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you. Very much happy with the end product 

----
TrickyBarter
Finding My Feet

WOW, that looks amazing!!!!  I'm considering painting my kitchen as the white cabinets have yellowed.  did you do this with the reno range?  did you find it ok to use?  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TrickyBarter. It's fabulous that you've joined us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @diy_hausdesigns, so they are alerted to your kind feedback and questions about their project.

We'd love to follow along with your project and would encourage you to start a discussion and share it with us. Please let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find loads of inspiration within the community just like this project as our creative members contribute their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @TrickyBarter 

Thank you for the kind feedback. We used the white knight tile and laminate range which worked fantastically. I'd personally recommend it! 

If you have any questions I'm happy to help. 

All the best and much like @MitchellMc.  would love to follow your journey too.

Cheers 

----
diyfun
Getting Established

Re: Cosmetic kitchen reno

This looks absolutely amazing! Love what you’ve done to the space @diy_hausdesigns . So much brighter. What did you use for the trim on the cabinets? I cut strips of mdf for my bathroom vanity update but I didn’t find it the neatest. 

Re: Cosmetic kitchen reno

@diyfun 
Thanks for that ! I used strips of hardwood moulding for mine. Easy to cut and paint too as I'm sure you found too.

Here is a photo of when we finished painting the cabinets and the seemed a bit flat. 

IMG-20200505-WA0017_resized.jpg

----

Hello Mitchell,

the White Knight tile product, is it good for painting the kitchen wall tiles as well as the firewall?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects