Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedroom makeover to peaceful retreat

SiobhanJ
Getting Established

Bedroom makeover to peaceful retreat

From bedroom disaster, with duct tape holding up walls and ceiling- to beautiful, peaceful retreat using pretty much all Bunnings materials including bedside lights

087FF605-8DA6-43CB-9877-48265EE960DE.jpeg

CFF0315E-7D70-4C0C-A9D3-7AB8FA2CBFBB.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Bedroom makeover to peaceful retreat

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SiobhanJ. It's lovely to have you join us and I trust you'll get loads of help and inspiration for all your future projects from our clever and creative members. We encourage you to post anytime you need assistance or some ideas, and certainly welcome you to share projects with us. Please also don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Could you please tell us a little more about all the steps you took when undertaking your bedroom makeover? I'm sure other members will be keen to learn from what you have achieved. 

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SiobhanJ
Getting Established

Thanks Jason! Previously our bedroom was a disaster! Possum died in the wall, so had to tear the plaster apart to remove it, many years ago!

when we finally managed to renovate, we wanted a VJ panel behind our wall, which is also known as our Knick knack shelf, as we built it out from the wall, and atop it sits a beautiful piece of timber. The light fittings over the bedside tables are antique style opaque glass. The switches for them sit on the shelf. Power points are hidden behind our bed, and cords for phones are through holes drilled in the back of the bedside tables! No cords or clock visible. We have a projector clock hidden and can see the time on the ceiling in the dark. We built a pelmet so the curtains tops were not exposed! The paint of the VJ panel matches our kitchen bench, so colour Carrie’s throughout the house. The rest of the room is a beautiful soft, but bright white, which lifts the navy carpet. A beautiful room we love!

SiobhanJ
Getting Established

2D79C299-113B-4D66-9D09-7967C6A5B032.jpeg

BAD43E4F-89B1-4F36-9427-087138966383.jpeg

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Great Job @SiobhanJ I to would like to welcome you to the great Bunnings Workshop Community.

I love the vj panels behind the bedhead, good for displaying photo's, Love the colors too,  keep up the good work.

Good luck with your entry in the July 2022 competition, there is a lot of worthy entries, it's going to hard for the judges to choose a winner,

well done.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for the additional details on your project @SiobhanJ. It really helps paint the picture of what steps you took to achieve these beautiful results.

Thanks for sharing, and I look forward to seeing what project you tackle next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects